Tweet of the Day from U of TX site: Burnt Orange Nation

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Tweet of the Day from U of TX site: Burnt Orange Nation

Post by scott715 »

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Tweet of the Day from U of TX site: Burnt Orange Nation

Post by scott715 »

Another one.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

I didn't realize Taysom Hill was playing special teams for the Saints. It sounds like he's making a bit of a name for himself. And of course, the University of Texas will never forget him.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

SpiffCoug wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
I can't remember where I read it but I thought I read the HC for the Saints make the statement that Taysom Hill was their future at QB.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:33 pm
SpiffCoug wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
I can't remember where I read it but I thought I read the HC for the Saints make the statement that Taysom Hill was their future at QB.
Yeah, a lot of teams let their future QBs play special teams...

(I'm happy for Taysom, he is under contract for a year and they are likely to keep him. But let's not get carried away).

Here is probably the article you are looking for when Sean Payton addresses it:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 54242.html

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Brayden Green wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 am
frdbtr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:33 pm
Yeah, a lot of teams let their future QBs play special teams...

(I'm happy for Taysom, he is under contract for a year and they are likely to keep him. But let's not get carried away).

Here is probably the article you are looking for when Sean Payton addresses it:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 54242.html
I don't think anybody is "getting carried away" here. Everything they posted is pretty accurate with what has been coming out from non-BYU related sources. The announcers from fox said that they spent more time talking about Taysom Hill with Sean Payton than any other player. They also said that Sean Payton indicated to them that the Saints quarterback of the future was already in the building, so to speak. Then later on, Sean Payton downplayed those potential remarks. Who knows what he really said; the announcers may be exaggerating what he said, or Payton may just be trying to downplay anything he said behind closed doors.

No one on this board is saying that Taysom is definitely going to be the next starting QB for the saints; however, there are some good reports coming out which seem to indicate that the future is bright for Taysom Hill.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Cracks me up how someone (I) can come on here and make a statement like "I read" or "I heard on the news" and the very next poster says "dude! don't get carried away! Like I just proclaimed Taysom hill the next NFL MVP.

Oh and the fact that Taysom Hill volunteered to play special teams and then promptly blew it up doing it, has gained him respect as a football player by his teammates that the #2 QB will never get.

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 pm Cracks me up how someone (I) can come on here and make a statement like "I read" or "I heard on the news" and the very next poster says "dude! don't get carried away! Like I just proclaimed Taysom hill the next NFL MVP.

Oh and the fact that Taysom Hill volunteered to play special teams and then promptly blew it up doing it, has gained him respect as a football player by his teammates that the #2 QB will never get.
Calm down, dude. It's not like two tackles is going to make him the next NFL MVP or something. ;)

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Taysom Hill won the Super Bowl!

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel