UCF as National Champs

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: UCF as National Champs

Post by Jarhead »

In 2016, the highest paid NFL coach made $8 million salary. For the top jobs in college football, I don't think there is much of a gap at all. Which makes sense on one hand, because those institutions don't want to lose their coaches to the NFL, but is a problem on the other hand. NFL players and coaches can legally make millions of dollars, but in college, it's just the coaches. And on top of that not all schools can really afford to shell out that kind of money.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Jarhead wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 am In 2016, the highest paid NFL coach made $8 million salary. For the top jobs in college football, I don't think there is much of a gap at all. Which makes sense on one hand, because those institutions don't want to lose their coaches to the NFL, but is a problem on the other hand. NFL players and coaches can legally make millions of dollars, but in college, it's just the coaches. And on top of that not all schools can really afford to shell out that kind of money.
In fact, I'd say only a handful of universities can afford to pay $8M+ for coaches, that list is probably around 10%.

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

nuk13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:21 pm UCF is the People's Champ, Bama is the Big Money champ.
I agree with this. USA Today reports that Saban will receive a $4 million signing bonus which brings his total to $11.125 million this year! I don't know what the UCF coach makes but it can't be close to that. The gap between college football and pro football is narrowing.
[/quote]

Scott Frost is making much more now that he jumped ship from UCF to Nebraska. Seven years, $35 million. That's not 11 million, but he hasn't won five national championships at Nebraska yet, either. I surely wouldn't turn my nose up at $5 million, which is over double his previous salary of $2 Million a year.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

And BYU's HC probably makes less than 1 million. BYU needs to step up or they/we are going to continue to get left behind.