Steve Clark the only offensive coach staying on staff

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Steve Clark the only offensive coach staying on staff

Post by EM_Puma »

SpiffCoug wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am Empey had coached at a local high school a few years prior to being hired and had previously worked at a junior college. But he wasn't working as a coach when hired. Maybe he'll return to coaching. Maybe not.
I had to go back to look at what Empey had done in coaching as I had forgotten. I had forgotten that he was out of coaching for a number of years.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... tball.html

I still believe he did a good job and I don't want to see us lose his son, who turned his back on Puketah to come to BYU after his mission. I believe he was a 3-star OL, but after the haul at OL we just had, I'm sure we would survive if James Empey now dumped the Cougs.

I hope Ryan Pugh is everything we need. He definitely has a cupboard full of OL to work with.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Steve Clark the only offensive coach staying on staff

Post by EM_Puma »

Something about Cahoon to really not shine as a coach. I'd have to agree with the majority that somehow he simply could not teach what came so naturally to him. Strange that be.

I do hope they all find what they are looking for as all those leaving were great men and I appreciate their dedication.

It does feel better to have the degree of experience that is coming to the table.