Another decommit, Jaren Mitchell, WR

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Another decommit, Jaren Mitchell, WR

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:17 pm
frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:57 am Wasn't Brandon Ogletree and undersized player from Texas? He turned out Ok I though.
Well, you are right. Maybe we should be going with the Texas all-under 6' squad. Nothing screams success like "undersized".
I would take a whole team of Brandon Ogletree's over what we had last year.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 pm I would take a whole team of Brandon Ogletree's over what we had last year.
I think what you would get is maybe a Brandon Ogletree and a bunch of guys who show that Ogletree is a standout for his size. If Ogletree's were available everywhere, he wouldn't be a standout.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am
frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 pm I would take a whole team of Brandon Ogletree's over what we had last year.
I think what you would get is maybe a Brandon Ogletree and a bunch of guys who show that Ogletree is a standout for his size. If Ogletree's were available everywhere, he wouldn't be a standout.
See this is where you misunderstand my point. Ogletree was what he was because of his heart and toughness. I would take a whole team of him over what we had last year.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 am
Fido wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am
See this is where you misunderstand my point. Ogletree was what he was because of his heart and toughness. I would take a whole team of him over what we had last year.
Biggest, most physical specimen on my basketball team (6'8" and chiseled 220 lbs) in high school couldn't rebound, couldn't jump, didn't know what to do when he had the ball, couldn't get his feet out of his own way, if he scored it was a mistake.
But, the coaches kept him on the team because of his potential and his size.
I have to agree that if a dude has talent (ogletree/pau'u) and are undersized.... Let Rudy play.
A bunch of prototypical NFL sized dudes means nothing if they have no talent or heart.