Early Signing Day

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Early Signing Day

Post by Fido »

Interesting note which I guess is obvious if you think about it but I sometimes forget:
Coach Sitake:
"I thought we covered a lot of our deficiencies that we will see two years from now and also addressed things that will help us this fall. I’m really excited about the group and about this signing day. We’ve got a great start to it and we’re looking forward to finishing this up in February and solidifying our signing class."

Some of these guys were brought in based on openings in 2 years when they are back from missions.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Anyone else a little surprised they didn't sign any JC kids? I really thought they would have hit the JC trail hard and try to bring in some immediate help.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

BYU also gets 3* QB Zachary Wilson from Corner Canyon.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

If Sitake is planning on filling gaps two years from now he should have sped up that timeline. Yes, I see that he also mentions help for the fall, but he has to win this year or he won't be around in two years.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

SpiffCoug wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:57 pm If Sitake is planning on filling gaps two years from now he should have sped up that timeline. Yes, I see that he also mentions help for the fall, but he has to win this year or he won't be around in two years.
He was making signings for both times. For example, signed a TON of OL, but half of them are mission first. So Barrington, Lewis, and Pay were not signings to help the team in 2018--they were for 2020. Jacob Smith would be a signing for 2018--he teams up with RMs Clark Barrington, JT Gentry, and Harris LaChance as guys in the mix on OL. You need some to replace the entire staring interior line for 2018.