Zadock Dinkleman decommits

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Zadock Dinkleman decommits

Post by hawkwing »

No real surprise.

tmoney35
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Zadock Dinkleman decommits

Post by tmoney35 »

Just please don't go to Utah...please!

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Interesting timing. Think it has anything to do with Ty being relieved of duty? The last straw for him? Why didn’t he decommit sooner?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Cougs_Rule wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm Interesting timing. Think it has anything to do with Ty being relieved of duty? The last straw for him? Why didn’t he decommit sooner?
Obviously related. Uncle gets fired. You decommit.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 pm
Cougs_Rule wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm Interesting timing. Think it has anything to do with Ty being relieved of duty? The last straw for him? Why didn’t he decommit sooner?
Obviously related. Uncle gets fired. You decommit.
What a cluster.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I wonder if this means Ty will not stay on as QB coach, or if that's reading too much into it.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 pm I wonder if this means Ty will not stay on as QB coach, or if that's reading too much into it.
I just think it means BYU's glacial pace of hiring football coaches is hurting it again.

It's been a week and a day since the Ty announcement was made public, and BYU and Ty knew about it two days prior to the press release. So other teams have had 8 days to woo our verbal commits, when BYU has no answer to give them. Hard to believe that BYU didn't have a short enough list of candidates to make a hire within a few days after notifying Ty. Poor, poor planning. This is worse than the molasses pace of replacing Bronco's staff, because Bronco chose to leave. BYU chose to dump Ty, so they had plenty of time to get a succession plan in place even before they pulled that trigger.

I don't blame a kid for looking elsewhere when the guy recruiting him can't even tell him if he'll be around next week and other schools are asking him to come on a fun recruiting trip to a fun college town.

Add to that the uncle-in-limbo factor, and I have nothing against the kid opening things back up. If BYU doesn't have a plan for the future, why should he plan to put his future in their hands?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

What does it matter who the offensive coordinator is. I thought Kalani was the master recruiter. :whistle:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 am
hawkwing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 pm I wonder if this means Ty will not stay on as QB coach, or if that's reading too much into it.
I just think it means BYU's glacial pace of hiring football coaches is hurting it again.

It's been a week and a day since the Ty announcement was made public, and BYU and Ty knew about it two days prior to the press release. So other teams have had 8 days to woo our verbal commits, when BYU has no answer to give them. Hard to believe that BYU didn't have a short enough list of candidates to make a hire within a few days after notifying Ty. Poor, poor planning. This is worse than the molasses pace of replacing Bronco's staff, because Bronco chose to leave. BYU chose to dump Ty, so they had plenty of time to get a succession plan in place even before they pulled that trigger.

I don't blame a kid for looking elsewhere when the guy recruiting him can't even tell him if he'll be around next week and other schools are asking him to come on a fun recruiting trip to a fun college town.

Add to that the uncle-in-limbo factor, and I have nothing against the kid opening things back up. If BYU doesn't have a plan for the future, why should he plan to put his future in their hands?
Exactly. Hard to blame dinkleman given the sad state of affairs that is BYU football.

Did BYU tank this year? Did they sabotage the season to get rid of Ty? I know I've got my tinfoil 🎩 on right now, but the way the season went and the lack of fruatration that was noted, it was either gross incompetence or there was an element of giving up, fixing a few things and make a go of it next year. If the coaches took on a "nothing left to play for approach/attitude after the firsr half of the season I want them all gone asap.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:13 am What does it matter who the offensive coordinator is. I thought Kalani was the master recruiter. :whistle:
I've never seen this many recruits jump shipbor decommit. There was always a handful, but never like this year. I'll always be a BYU fan, but if I was being recruited, I'd have a hard time commiting to BYu and turning down obvious better teams after this year.