TeamBYU?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

TeamBYU?

Post by Fido »

This mirrors my feelings exactly. I like all these men--but the cult of Coach <insert name here> seems to be the flavor of the day.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: TeamBYU?

Post by frdbtr »

Seems to me that Sitake was the one who divided the offense against the defense all last year. Didn't need the fans or players to do it. I heard him on more than one occasion during a half time comment to the media that all we needed to do is not "turn the ball over" or that we could win the game if the offense doesn't "turn the ball over". Then after the offense goes conservative and has trouble moving the ball all second half, sitake tells the media all week that we are going to "go aggressive' with the offense this week. Then after going aggressive in the first half, he would make similar comments again at half time and I would watch the offense go conservative again. I seriously feel that Ty ran a bad offense, but I also feel that he felt compelled to do what his HC wanted and that was play conservative and see if the defense could win it which they couldn't. Here's hoping that this misery ends sooner rather than later. I don't think that BYU will be a successful team until Sitake is removed from his duties.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I only care about BYU being successful. I don't care who the coach is that makes that happen. I will not support a coach who will hurt BYU because I like them.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm Seems to me that Sitake was the one who divided the offense against the defense all last year. Didn't need the fans or players to do it. I heard him on more than one occasion during a half time comment to the media that all we needed to do is not "turn the ball over" or that we could win the game if the offense doesn't "turn the ball over". Then after the offense goes conservative and has trouble moving the ball all second half, sitake tells the media all week that we are going to "go aggressive' with the offense this week. Then after going aggressive in the first half, he would make similar comments again at half time and I would watch the offense go conservative again. I seriously feel that Ty ran a bad offense, but I also feel that he felt compelled to do what his HC wanted and that was play conservative and see if the defense could win it which they couldn't. Here's hoping that this misery ends sooner rather than later. I don't think that BYU will be a successful team until Sitake is removed from his duties.
So team Ty then. :lol:

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:52 pm
frdbtr wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm Seems to me that Sitake was the one who divided the offense against the defense all last year. Didn't need the fans or players to do it. I heard him on more than one occasion during a half time comment to the media that all we needed to do is not "turn the ball over" or that we could win the game if the offense doesn't "turn the ball over". Then after the offense goes conservative and has trouble moving the ball all second half, sitake tells the media all week that we are going to "go aggressive' with the offense this week. Then after going aggressive in the first half, he would make similar comments again at half time and I would watch the offense go conservative again. I seriously feel that Ty ran a bad offense, but I also feel that he felt compelled to do what his HC wanted and that was play conservative and see if the defense could win it which they couldn't. Here's hoping that this misery ends sooner rather than later. I don't think that BYU will be a successful team until Sitake is removed from his duties.
So team Ty then. :lol:
No, I'm team BYU. Whether Ty is a successful Ocoordinator at BYU or whether he leaves and never comes back makes no difference to me. I want BYU to win. I just don't believe that Sitake is the right guy to make that happen. It makes me feel sad that Ty's legacy to a lot of young BYU fans will be a failed stint as Ocooordinator though. If I were their dad, I would show them a replay of the Miami game and tell them that this is what I want them to remember about him.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 am No, I'm team BYU. Whether Ty is a successful Ocoordinator at BYU or whether he leaves and never comes back makes no difference to me. I want BYU to win. I just don't believe that Sitake is the right guy to make that happen. It makes me feel sad that Ty's legacy to a lot of young BYU fans will be a failed stint as Ocooordinator though. If I were their dad, I would show them a replay of the Miami game and tell them that this is what I want them to remember about him.
The big test is whether you are cool if Sitake turns things around and drives the team towards success. If you are still anti-Sitake if he is making progress with the team then that wouldn't really hold. I love Detmer but his offense was not acceptable in any form this season. Coordinators always take a fall before the HC takes the fall.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am
frdbtr wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 am No, I'm team BYU. Whether Ty is a successful Ocoordinator at BYU or whether he leaves and never comes back makes no difference to me. I want BYU to win. I just don't believe that Sitake is the right guy to make that happen. It makes me feel sad that Ty's legacy to a lot of young BYU fans will be a failed stint as Ocooordinator though. If I were their dad, I would show them a replay of the Miami game and tell them that this is what I want them to remember about him.
The big test is whether you are cool if Sitake turns things around and drives the team towards success. If you are still anti-Sitake if he is making progress with the team then that wouldn't really hold. I love Detmer but his offense was not acceptable in any form this season. Coordinators always take a fall before the HC takes the fall.
If Sitake gets us back to Bronco's level, you will see me become the biggest Sitake fan on this board. I was against his hiring because I didn't see evidence that he was a good coach. We got fools gold with Taysom and Jamaal and this year the wheels came off. If he fixes it, that will be all that is important. I don't see evidence of that. This years team was not physical on either side of the ball. In the games against LSU, Wisconsin and Miss State, you could see it in the players actions that they did not believe for a second that they were going to win those games. That isn't because of the offense, that is because of the culture, Sitake's culture.