Fire everyone involved in BYU football this year.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Fire everyone involved in BYU football this year.

Post by SpiffCoug »

Brayden Green wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 pm Wow. This is a pretty crazy thread.

All this talk about Bronco, and him fixing things, but no one has mentioned the fact that we have 4 Seniors on the entire two deep (44 possible positions), all thanks to his lack luster recruiting job 5 and 6 years ago. WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

I mean, there isn't a player on our team (save Fred Warner) that belongs on the two deep of any team that we played the first 6 games. WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

Tejan, Fred, Jonny Linehan, and Handsome Tanielu (who isn't even a Bronco product). Who else? WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

Taysom and Jamal we're lipstick on a very ugly pig. Each coordinator I think gets another year to work things out and start getting their transfers and recruits playing for them. Bronco left the cupboard extremely bare. You can't take amazing coaches (which I believe Ty is: not sold on any of the others, including Empey) and give them garbage and expect to win. The players flat out suck. They are untalented and undisciplined. You can only throw so many good balls to bad receivers, before you need to look at other options. Their isn't one position group that is succeeding right now, and you can only put that on coaching so much. At some point, the players need to play, and the depth needs to show itself, and these guys aren't healthy or good. Nick Saban wouldn't win more than half the games on this year's schedule with these sucktards. At some point it comes down to talent, and BYU has very little on either side of the ball.

If I were Ty I'd put together a montage of the wide open dropped balls we have this year, and another of our QBs getting pressure in like 2 seconds flat, and show that to everyone. Tell recruits that spring and fall camp are wide open for every position for graduate transfers and freshman alike.
So the solution to not having enough seniors is to open the position to graduate transfers and freshman who will be in their first year in the program?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

SpiffCoug wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm
Brayden Green wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 pm Wow. This is a pretty crazy thread.

All this talk about Bronco, and him fixing things, but no one has mentioned the fact that we have 4 Seniors on the entire two deep (44 possible positions), all thanks to his lack luster recruiting job 5 and 6 years ago. WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

I mean, there isn't a player on our team (save Fred Warner) that belongs on the two deep of any team that we played the first 6 games. WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

Tejan, Fred, Jonny Linehan, and Handsome Tanielu (who isn't even a Bronco product). Who else? WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS?

Taysom and Jamal we're lipstick on a very ugly pig. Each coordinator I think gets another year to work things out and start getting their transfers and recruits playing for them. Bronco left the cupboard extremely bare. You can't take amazing coaches (which I believe Ty is: not sold on any of the others, including Empey) and give them garbage and expect to win. The players flat out suck. They are untalented and undisciplined. You can only throw so many good balls to bad receivers, before you need to look at other options. Their isn't one position group that is succeeding right now, and you can only put that on coaching so much. At some point, the players need to play, and the depth needs to show itself, and these guys aren't healthy or good. Nick Saban wouldn't win more than half the games on this year's schedule with these sucktards. At some point it comes down to talent, and BYU has very little on either side of the ball.

If I were Ty I'd put together a montage of the wide open dropped balls we have this year, and another of our QBs getting pressure in like 2 seconds flat, and show that to everyone. Tell recruits that spring and fall camp are wide open for every position for graduate transfers and freshman alike.
So the solution to not having enough seniors is to open the position to graduate transfers and freshman who will be in their first year in the program?
No, the solution is getting the right staff in place, the right system, and patience while things transition.

We have the right coordinators employing the right systems. (I think we can and should upgrade position coaches where that makes sense). Then it's playing the players that can do that system the best. Right now we don't have those players. The point is to get them and grow them. We will. We won't be sub .500 for long, and the pro style will get us back to dominance.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

Oh how times have changed for Brayden...

Here are some quotes from last year.
"Taysom Hill, ladies and gentlemen. Taysom Hill. Swearwords."
"Tanner is a much better thrower, and anticipates receivers out of their breaks better..."
"Taysom sucks."
"Taysom is so objectively bad... The coaches are in CYA mode not putting in Tanner (who would look so much better) to not prove they made the wrong choice in the first place."

Now it's:
"Taysom and Jamaal we're (sic) lipstick on a very ugly pig."

What's going on here???

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

SenorCougar wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:54 am Oh how times have changed for Brayden...

"Tanner is a much better thrower, and anticipates receivers out of their breaks better..."
"Taysom sucks."
"Taysom is so objectively bad... The coaches are in CYA mode not putting in Tanner (who would look so much better) to not prove they made the wrong choice in the first place."

Now it's:

What's going on here???
"Nick Saben couldn't win half of our games this year with the talent on this team"?!?! What that hell? Nick Saben would have only 1 loss this year with the talent on this team. Wisconsin.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

SenorCougar wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:54 am Oh how times have changed for Brayden...

"Taysom sucks."

Now it's:

What's going on here???
"Taysom AND Jamal."

Now, conjunctions might not be your thing, but usually when people use them they attach two or more thoughts to make one entire phrase.

The phrase "Taysom was lipstick on a very ugly pig" wouldn't be valid on its own. He looked like garbage most of last year. Guess what? Tanner looks like garbage ON FIRE.

Taysom was meh, but he was at least mobile. I am maybe one of the most surprised people on this board that Tanner is as bad as he is this year. People can be wrong. I was wrong (mostly) about Tanner. He just isn't right this year. It's not all his fault, but he is (or was) missing very easy reads and throws even when healthy this year. I think the offense is too much for him, as Ty has said this year. There are serious problems with the offense that *START* at offensive line, and there isn't a position group on the offense worth keeping for another year, Tanner probably amongst them, unless he can figure out how to move through progressions and not zero in on his tight end. My guess is there is a huge position battle next year at qb. I'd love for him to be the qb we need, we win a lot more games this year with good qb play, but we just didn't get it.

Jamal was the hero last year. When he didn't play the offense took a large step back. I'm not sure that Tanner would have been much worse than Taysom last year. Taysom was downright awful some games (remember UCLA?). But we know that Tanner without a viable running game this year is bad.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:14 am

"Taysom sucks."

Now it's:

What's going on here???
"Nick Saben couldn't win half of our games this year with the talent on this team"?!?! What that hell? Nick Saben would have only 1 loss this year with the talent on this team. Wisconsin.
I don't know who NIck Saben is, maybe we should get him/her... I'm talking about NIck SABAN, the Alabama coach, who would have lost to more than Wiconsin with the scrubs that we gave uniforms to this year. An offensive line that can't run block more than a yard or two downfield, can't pass block for more than a second or two, a qb that can't go through progressions on a 5 step drop, receivers that can't catch perfectly thrown balls (the few times a game that actually happens) and running backs that don't know how to hit basic holes, and the ones that know how to hit holes hit bongs instead...

It's like the Twilight Zone... where are the seniors on this team?

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Sorry Brayden, but I'm just not buying what you're selling.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

So coaches who in two years haven't got the right players in are now in year three going to get the right players though graduate transfers, JC transfers and high school recruits? What exactly has prevented them the first two years from getting they right players that is no longer in the way, now that it's year three?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

SpiffCoug wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:39 pm So coaches who in two years haven't got the right players in are now in year three going to get the right players though graduate transfers, JC transfers and high school recruits? What exactly has prevented them the first two years from getting they right players that is no longer in the way, now that it's year three?
Missions and transfer sitouts. Are you new to BYU fandom? It nearly always takes 3 years minimum to see recruits have an impact at BYU.

And it hasn't been 3 years. They only have one full season of recruiting under their belts. Nice strawman though.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

These players would have won 9 games under Bronco and Anae. It's the coaches that suck.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars