UMass game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: UMass game

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Mars wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 pm Word before the game was that coaches had a pretty relaxing, low-key week.
Exactly what it looked like. This game is on coaches and players.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BYU is a very bad team.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Mars wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 pm Word before the game was that coaches had a pretty relaxing, low-key week.
Isn't that what you normally do when you beat a bad team on the road to improve to 3-8? All the optimism after the UNLV win comes crashing back to earth when we realize that the UNLV game was the abnormality and losing to a bad UMASS team is the norm.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Word before the game is that the coaches had pretty relaxing, low-key season.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Well hey, BYU got a win last week, what do you expect? to work hard every week? come on dude, give the coaches/players a break.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 pm BYU is a very bad team.
BYU had a terrible season and I think a lot of that is on the coaches. Can anyone really say that the 2017 football team with the 2015 coaching staff doesn't go bowling this year? yeah, bronco would have lost the utah game somehow, but I'd take that and a 8-9 win season at this point.

I don't think BYU has a "very bad team". I think the team was mismanaged terribly.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm
BYU had a terrible season and I think a lot of that is on the coaches. Can anyone really say that the 2017 football team with the 2015 coaching staff doesn't go bowling this year? yeah, bronco would have lost the utah game somehow, but I'd take that and a 8-9 win season at this point.

I don't think BYU has a "very bad team". I think the team was mismanaged terribly.
I agree, we have the talent to be a good team. We should have won 8-10 games this year. There is no way we should be a 3 win team. I look at the way this team plays with softness on both sides of the ball. Even in the win last week Shumway casually catching a perfectly thrown ball out of bounds last week is a pretty good summary of the way the receivers play on this team. The coaching is a disaster. BYU has no business losing to a team like UMASS. UMASS is way better coached. BYU's receivers catch some of Critchlow's perfectly thrown deep balls and we win even though we got out played and out coached in every way possible because they have inferior talent to us.
Last edited by frdbtr on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Absolutely this team would be 10 or 11 wins this year with the previous staff.

They are bad because the staff is bad.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

hawkwing wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 am Absolutely this team would be 10 or 11 wins this year with the previous staff.

They are bad because the staff is bad.
Believe me I think the staff did a horrific job this year. But there is no way this team has the talent to win 10-11 games.
LSU, Wisconsin, Mississippi State all still crush this team no matter who is coaching.
A ranked Boise State team also probably beats this team under a different staff. Bronco had a long losing streak to Utah and I don't picture that changing this year either. If that happened (not a stretch in my opinion) that is only 8 wins. The days of the 10-win Cougars on a regular basis died with leaving the MWC. You play a big boy schedule and 8 or more wins is a very good season.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Coaches suck and the players knew it.

It's not like they are going to lose their scholarships and there's little to no chance of going to the NFL, so what's the incentive? They aren't going bowling.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel