I love BYU football but this team is really hard to watch

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I love BYU football but this team is really hard to watch

Post by frdbtr »

BYU football is my favorite sport. I wait all year for fall to come around and watch BYU football. In all my years of watching BYU, I have never seen the team look so bad. the offense has shown some signs of aggressiveness the last couple of weeks but still doesn't consistantly sustain drives. The defense looks good at times but gives up long field drives for scores which end up being the reason for losses. I will watch for the rest of the year, but it is really hard to watch. I don't know what the AD will do with this staff this year but I don't see this staff being able to get this fixed. They are still doing the same things 10 games in that they did at the beginning of the year. The team has not improved. We are going to need a total coaching overhaul to get this fixed.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: I love BYU football but this team is really hard to watch

Post by BroncoBot »

OR Another Taysom Hill who can improvise. and another NFL caliber RB like Williams.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:47 am OR Another Taysom Hill who can improvise. and another NFL caliber RB like Williams.
Even if we had someone like that, would they be able to show that talent with the coaching that they would get? I can't say for sure but IMO, we have plenty of talent to be competitive even with the top 25 teams we played early in the year but got the crap kicked out of us because we simply didn't look prepared. I just don't see it being turned around by this staff. I'm sure that, at least, Kalani will get another year but I don't think he knows what he is doing either. This entire staff is a disaster.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

How did Riley Burt not even sniff playing time tonight?
how did they not feed Squally the ball more?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:04 am How did Riley Burt not even sniff playing time tonight?
how did they not feed Squally the ball more?
The Burt situation has been a head scratcher for me all year. The media said it was 1 and 1a with him and Canada all through fall practice and then all of a sudden he disappears from the 2 deep and gets moved all over the offense and defense, only to be put back at RB and get a couple carries and then disappears again, even though we have about 15 guys injured at that position this year. I just don't get it.