Jordan Pendleton would not commit to BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jordan Pendleton would not commit to BYU

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 pm
SenorCougar wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:59 pm So the ship is taking on water and sinking?
Yep.

I have posted this before, Taysom Hill and Jamaal Williams were elite athletes. They covered a lot of inadequacies at BYU. As the season progresses, watch more recruits flip to the school up North. Good athletes want to win.
I believe they not only covered inadequacies they inspired the rest of the team to play at a higher level. Would this season be different if someone in the LSU game had've made a play like Hill did when he hurdled the Texas db?

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Yes. But only a little. And it would have taken more than one touchdown to beat LSU.
Last year the MSU and MSU wins were huge buffers against another loss to Utah.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

No BYU commitment from Jordan Pendleton? Good thing he's out of eligibility. Sometimes it's fun to wallow in self misery, like picking a scab or something. Frankly I find those activities a little less than productive though.

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KingCoug »

Ddawg wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:57 am
Mars wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 am Dawg's a Ute now. He's just here to be annoying.
Thanks for the belly laugh. You think you have all the answers. Once again, you're wrong.
Somebody else suggested it might be a case of him losing a bet (maybe the rivalry game) and he had to change his avatar. That would make the most sense.

Because any BYU fan who defected and became a Utah fan deserves to be drug out to the street and shot. Though I suppose it would be fitting in a way since so many Ute fans are fairweather, Johnny-Come-Latelys.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 pm Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. That’s why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team they’ve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. I’m sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then I’m sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still don’t have a quality win. I know we don’t even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 pm Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. That’s why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team they’ve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. I’m sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then I’m sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still don’t have a quality win. I know we don’t even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
???
Utah is light years ahead of BYU right now. I'm not going to pull my own leg over that one. It's not even close.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I wonder if he would commit to being the strength and conditioning coach now? Brady Poppinga has tweeted multiple times that he thinks this is a significant problem area.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 pm
???
Utah is light years ahead of BYU right now. I'm not going to pull my own leg over that one. It's not even close.
Please read my post again. The thrust is that football at the Utah based schools this year is not going well. BYU sucks and UT while at 4-3 does not have a good win. I did not compare UT and BYU at all. We all know how that'd go--UT would win and is the better team right now. But better than BYU is not saying much

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

BoiseBYU wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am
BroncoBot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 pm
???
Please read my post again. The thrust is that football at the Utah based schools this year is not going well. BYU sucks and UT while at 4-3 does not have a good win. I did not compare UT and BYU at all. We all know how that'd go--UT would win and is the better team right now. But better than BYU is not saying much
And it's not even close. Utah would win 10 times out of 10 this year.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Still don't agree. UU has wins against BYU (sure BYU sucks, but a win over BYU is a win) and AZ who has a winning record and is at least a p5 team. They've lost on a failed 2 point conversion against a ranked USC team and a FG loss to Stanford. Their record may be a downer, but they've got little to hang their heads over.