CB Isaiah Herron commits

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

CB Isaiah Herron commits

Post by Fido »

6'1" 175 CB from Las Vegas - Arbor View HS

Offers from: BYU, Southern Utah, Dixie State
Interest from: Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, Washington State

https://youtu.be/ymyahqEQ5I0

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: CB Isaiah Herron commits

Post by byufan4ever »

Good to know that we can still out recruit junior colleges!!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

byufan4ever wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 am Good to know that we can still out recruit junior colleges!!
I'll never understand why fans dis the kids who DO commit to their school because they aren't recruited highly enough. Maybe he pans out, maybe not--I'll give him the shot.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Fido wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am
byufan4ever wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 am Good to know that we can still out recruit junior colleges!!
I'll never understand why fans dis the kids who DO commit to their school because they aren't recruited highly enough. Maybe he pans out, maybe not--I'll give him the shot.
Maybe we need a name change to "BYUfanaslongaswe'rewinning-otherwiseI'meitherstatlerorwaldorf"

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Pathetic polyannaism. We aren't dissing the 1* or 2* kid. We are bemoaning the fact that "whoopeeedoo" we got effectively a no-name recruit while losing 3 big recruits, and one of them a 4*. At least I am.
It goes without saying that maybe this recruit will work, maybe not. That goes for most recruits. this is the best news out of/on BYU? Other than Detmer has elevated his 'emotional level', (not to be confused with gotten totally pissed at his players for their horrible execution); and that Kalani is still blaming the O while not holding his cousin DC accountable?
So, la-dee-fricken-da. Sorry to be so caustic. Apparently, some seem to think that the "glass half full" condition of this dumpster fire of a team is at least warming the homeless people [recruits].
This Saturday is likely the last straw for many remaining verbal commits who are hanging onto the "Not-so-good-ship Kalani" by a mere thread. If BYU loses to a totally pathetic ECU, watch a lot more rated kids decommit and a lot of unrated, 1* and 2* kids start to fill their places.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Cougs_Rule wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am
This Saturday is likely the last straw for many remaining verbal commits who are hanging onto the "Not-so-good-ship Kalani" by a mere thread. If BYU loses to a totally pathetic ECU, watch a lot more rated kids decommit and a lot of unrated, 1* and 2* kids start to fill their places.
And then when that happens the grumpier of us will take out our frustrations by making fun of those 1* and 2* kids, like they're somehow part of the problem.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Guy from LV on the MWC board reports he also had offers from Weber State and San Diego State.
Cougs_Rule wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am Pathetic polyannaism. We aren't dissing the 1* or 2* kid. We are bemoaning the fact that "whoopeeedoo" we got effectively a no-name recruit while losing 3 big recruits, and one of them a 4*. At least I am.
It goes without saying that maybe this recruit will work, maybe not. That goes for most recruits. this is the best news out of/on BYU? Other than Detmer has elevated his 'emotional level', (not to be confused with gotten totally pissed at his players for their horrible execution); and that Kalani is still blaming the O while not holding his cousin DC accountable?
So, la-dee-fricken-da. Sorry to be so caustic. Apparently, some seem to think that the "glass half full" condition of this dumpster fire of a team is at least warming the homeless people [recruits].
At least you are self-aware.
I'm not sure who you thought was saying "whoopeeedoo". I just saw a commit on twitter and posted it. If this board is going to be "wallow with me in anger and frustration or expect to be blasted" count me out. And this is evidence that all the crap that all the other fan bases are saying about the BYU fan base not having the fortitude to dealing with a down season 100% accurate. Good day sir.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Fido wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am
No where did I dis the kid. Stop being offended so easily. I hope the best for the kid and that he ends up in the NFL Hall of Fame. But if we're going to compete against the schedules we have lined up we have to start winning recruiting battles against the big boys. Recruiting is far from a perfect science and I love the diamonds in the rough that end up excelling in a BYU helmet (although wasn't Bronco blasted by fans on here for liking too many "walk-ons"?), but if the best we can do is get kids that were only offered by junior colleges then that says something about BYU as an entire football program and the coaches. That's the direction I was going.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

This isn't a "down" season. This is the titanic. It is a complete and utter disaster. This is Ty Willingham at Washington bad. This is the kind of program failure that takes a coach like Peterson to get things fixed. Does BYU have a "Peterson" type coach that can get us back on track?

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

Fido wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am Guy from LV on the MWC board reports he also had offers from Weber State and San Diego State.
Cougs_Rule wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am Pathetic polyannaism. We aren't dissing the 1* or 2* kid. We are bemoaning the fact that "whoopeeedoo" we got effectively a no-name recruit while losing 3 big recruits, and one of them a 4*. At least I am.
At least you are self-aware.
I'm not sure who you thought was saying "whoopeeedoo". I just saw a commit on twitter and posted it. If this board is going to be "wallow with me in anger and frustration or expect to be blasted" count me out. And this is evidence that all the crap that all the other fan bases are saying about the BYU fan base not having the fortitude to dealing with a down season 100% accurate. Good day sir.
you need to understand cougs rule is a frequent visitor to that other fan board cougar blah and over there they are a bunch of crying babies were negativity abounds