Sitake calling out position groups.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sitake calling out position groups.

Post by frdbtr »

So I guess I am a bit irritated with Sitake. He shouldn't be calling out the offense or their coaches in the media. This is stuff that needs to be done behind closed doors. He blames the offense, he blames Tanner Mangum then says that the defense sucks because they play too much. While there may be some truth in that statement, the defense wouldn't play so dang much if they would get off the freaking field on 3rd down which they haven't done all year including against Portland State. It is time for Sitake to look inward at himself as to why this team sucks so bad, he is the captain of the ship, he is responsible for all that he is criticizing.

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Sitake calling out position groups.

Post by Jarhead »

It seems like Sitake has major concerns about some of the decisions that are being made during games as well. If he has any game related concerns, then he should fix those prior to the game, or at least try to fix them during the game. Instead he appears to just be standing on the sideline, almost as a bystander.

BYZoo
Recruit

Post by BYZoo »

I am astounded at how bad this team is - as a total TEAM. On Saturday the offense generated a whopping 176 yards of total offense and 8 first downs. FOR THE WHOLE GAME! The equally bad defense gave up 546 yards of total offense and 35 first downs. I am shocked the score wasn't worse than it was. If we didn't get a couple picks deep in our end of the field, it would have been. It wasn't as though we played a top 10, or even top 25 team. Mississippi St. isn't bad and is a good team, but we typically compete with teams of that level. Not now.

This represents a total program failure. The coaching at the top needs to be seriously looked at and re-evaluated. That is usually the reason for such a stark program failure. Our players have limitations, but we have some good players and should not be performing this badly. Injuries have certainly contributed, but even with that we shouldn't be this bad.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BYZoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:22 pm I am astounded at how bad this team is - as a total TEAM. On Saturday the offense generated a whopping 176 yards of total offense and 8 first downs. FOR THE WHOLE GAME! The equally bad defense gave up 546 yards of total offense and 35 first downs. I am shocked the score wasn't worse than it was. If we didn't get a couple picks deep in our end of the field, it would have been. It wasn't as though we played a top 10, or even top 25 team. Mississippi St. isn't bad and is a good team, but we typically compete with teams of that level. Not now.

This represents a total program failure. The coaching at the top needs to be seriously looked at and re-evaluated. That is usually the reason for such a stark program failure. Our players have limitations, but we have some good players and should not be performing this badly. Injuries have certainly contributed, but even with that we shouldn't be this bad.

.....and Mississippi State isn't even a ranked team.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I was really surprised that Sitake publically called out Tanner after the Boise St. game. I didn't think that was like him because I thought he was a player's coach. While the criticism may (and probably was) have been totally valid like the OP said these things are usually best done behind closed doors.

I also agree with our 3rd down defense just being absolutely horrible. Someone joked in a thread that the best way to beat our defense is to get into 3rd and long.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins