Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5504
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by frdbtr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 pm

BroncoBot wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am
I was loyal to Gary Crowton because of his first 12 games and with him at HC BYU was always close to being good when things went bad (most of the losses were close and could have been wins with a turnover going the other way here and there).
This raised my eyebrows...
I was loyal to Crowton. Thought he was good. not great. But I suffered through some blowouts of epic proportion in the Crowton years. and a 3-0 loss to Utah. Those were dark years looking back on them.
There were some blowouts, Syracuse in 2002, Boise state a couple of times, Colorado state, but for the most part games were annoyingly close, close enough were we were thinking we could have been good if it weren't for a couple turnovers.........

This year, every team we have played has just toyed with us. This is the worst BYU team I have ever been alive to see.

User avatar
vancouvercougar
All-American
Posts: 1435
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Vancouver Wa

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by vancouvercougar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am

last year each loss was within a field goal. This year, the Ute game was our closest as far as the score goes.

pikoi
BLUEshirt
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by pikoi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am

I am loyal to BYU. I was very excited about the potential of Coach Sitake. His staff was suspect, but I know exactly how difficult hiring at BYU can be so I tried to stay optimistic. The results on the field have been dismal, and that is being generous. Off the field I am not hearing good things either. I am worried that this season will go from terrible to somehow worse on and off the field before we are done.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by BroncoBot » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 pm

pikoi wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am
I am loyal to BYU. I was very excited about the potential of Coach Sitake. His staff was suspect, but I know exactly how difficult hiring at BYU can be so I tried to stay optimistic. The results on the field have been dismal, and that is being generous. Off the field I am not hearing good things either. I am worried that this season will go from terrible to somehow worse on and off the field before we are done.
Off the field with sitake? Or players? Or both?

pikoi
BLUEshirt
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by pikoi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Players and even some peripheral members of the staff- not Kalani himself.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by BroncoBot » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 pm

pikoi wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm
Players and even some peripheral members of the staff- not Kalani himself.
Did we find out some of what you were hinting at with Bernard? Sad stuff.

pikoi
BLUEshirt
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by pikoi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am

BroncoBot wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 pm
pikoi wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm
Players and even some peripheral members of the staff- not Kalani himself.
Did we find out some of what you were hinting at with Bernard? Sad stuff.
Yes. But unfortunately this isn't all of it.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Posts: 6774
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by Cougs_Rule » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 am

Joy. Can't wait to hear more bad news. I'm not sure a "sinking ship" or a "dumpster fire" are adequate metaphors. They may actually be spot on. Usually there is some hyperbolic requirement that exceeds reality in capturing the gravity or magnitude. In such a case what is worse than a sinking ship? Should probably go with something like--
Entering an Ice Age
Beginning of a Dark Age
Or just straight up....
E.L.E.? :D

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5504
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by frdbtr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 am

pikoi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am
BroncoBot wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 pm
pikoi wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm
Players and even some peripheral members of the staff- not Kalani himself.
Did we find out some of what you were hinting at with Bernard? Sad stuff.
Yes. But unfortunately this isn't all of it.
Kalani has lost the team. This is the final straw as far as I am concerned. When the off the field crap hits the fan, there is nothing else left to lose.

User avatar
Mars
Retired
Posts: 9016
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Contact:

Re: Loyalty to BYU or Individuals?

Post by Mars » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am

Don't worry, there are rumors about the basketball team having off-court problems too.
Mars al'Thor, The Cougar Reborn!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars

Post Reply