QB Leash

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
User avatar
snoscythe
Retired
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by snoscythe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

The problem with the entire Critchlow situation is that everything I have heard puts Kody Wilstead as the heir-apparent and ahead of Critchlow on the depth-chart.

Assuming that is true, that means Critchlow was not brought up to develop for the future, he was brought up to protect Wilstead's redshirt.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by frdbtr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm

snoscythe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm
The problem with the entire Critchlow situation is that everything I have heard puts Kody Wilstead as the heir-apparent and ahead of Critchlow on the depth-chart.

Assuming that is true, that means Critchlow was not brought up to develop for the future, he was brought up to protect Wilstead's redshirt.
Well, at least Sitake is still a master recruiter, and a former Lavell player so he must be good right? I will always watch, it is going to be hard but I will watch. BYU should not be 1-6 right now. We should have won at least 3 of those 6 losses even with a poorly coached team. Bronco would be 6-1 right now.

User avatar
snoscythe
Retired
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by snoscythe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm

frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm
Bronco would be 6-1 right now.
Bronco IS 5-1 right now, receiving votes and sitting atop the ACC.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by frdbtr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm

snoscythe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm
Bronco would be 6-1 right now.
Bronco IS 5-1 right now, receiving votes and sitting atop the ACC.
And he destroyed a BSU team on their home field that destroyed us on our home field.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9173
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by BroncoBot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm
snoscythe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm
Bronco would be 6-1 right now.
Bronco IS 5-1 right now, receiving votes and sitting atop the ACC.
And he destroyed a BSU team on their home field that destroyed us on our home field.
(snarky voice) But Bishop bronco doesn't care about football.
Bring back the firesides!

User avatar
ABYUFAN
Heisman Winner
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:59 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by ABYUFAN » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm

BroncoBot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm
snoscythe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm
Bronco would be 6-1 right now.
Bronco IS 5-1 right now, receiving votes and sitting atop the ACC.
And he destroyed a BSU team on their home field that destroyed us on our home field.
(snarky voice) But Bishop bronco doesn't care about football.
Bring back the firesides!
That "1" would probably be Utah...

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9173
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by BroncoBot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 pm

ABYUFAN wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm
BroncoBot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm
snoscythe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm
Bronco would be 6-1 right now.
Bronco IS 5-1 right now, receiving votes and sitting atop the ACC.
And he destroyed a BSU team on their home field that destroyed us on our home field.
(snarky voice) But Bishop bronco doesn't care about football.
Bring back the firesides!
That "1" would probably be Utah...
likely. But it would have been a missed fg.

User avatar
Mars
Retired
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Contact:

Re: QB Leash

Post by Mars » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

The QB depth chart, as far as I can tell, is:
1. Mangum
2. Hoge
3. Wilstead (protect redshirt at all costs)
4. Crichlow (protect redshirt if possible)
5. Koy (burn redshirts before starting)
6. Kafentzis (Wildcat only, NEVER let him throw)
Mars al'Thor, The Cougar Reborn!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Leash

Post by frdbtr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm

I would rather be 6-1 with a loss to the utes than 1-6 with the team looking like it currently does. My guess is that BYU would have been on a 2 game winning streak had bronco stayed here after this years win. The lone loss would have been Wisconsin.

User avatar
vancouvercougar
All-American
Posts: 1435
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Vancouver Wa

Re: QB Leash

Post by vancouvercougar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:55 am

I think that Ty said that putting Critchlow into the BSU game was simply to get him into a real game. He may be needed later this year, and Critchlow has at least been on the field in a real game. Hoge is out Detmer Jr, is not working, so Joe C is next off the bench.

Post Reply