BSU game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
User avatar
Jarhead
Junior
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by Jarhead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:31 pm

a1247 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:28 pm
7 points...7 freaking points!
This!

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5299
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by frdbtr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 pm

I'm done with this coaching staff. BYU has some good players, they should be playing better than this. This is not an offensive problem only, it is not a defensive problem only. The whole team is in disarray. This will not be corrected with this staff. This team will be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games this year.

User avatar
Jarhead
Junior
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by Jarhead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

What about that 4th down stop? Can the defense get some credit for that? Or that doesn't count either?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5299
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by frdbtr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Of course they get credit for the stop. BSU has called off the dogs though. They aren't trying to score. The game is over, they are running out the clock.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5299
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by frdbtr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 pm

So now they burn the redshirt in a game that is out of reach?

User avatar
Jarhead
Junior
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by Jarhead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 pm

frdbtr wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Of course they get credit for the stop. BSU has called off the dogs though. They aren't trying to score. The game is over, they are running out the clock.
Regardless the defense continues to bring what they can. They held Boise to 24 points. That should be good enough to give us a chance to win. The offense is the failure, bottom line (and field goals). The defense is somewhere above meh and far short of great.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5299
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by frdbtr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Jarhead wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Of course they get credit for the stop. BSU has called off the dogs though. They aren't trying to score. The game is over, they are running out the clock.
Regardless the defense continues to bring what they can. They held Boise to 24 points. That should be good enough to give us a chance to win. The offense is the failure, bottom line (and fos goals).
I agree that 24 points is enough to give us a chance to win but the defense continuously gives up big plays on 3rd down that allow drives to continue. If it only happens once or twice a game then I wouldn't complain but it happens on long TD drives multiple times. They don't look physical, the don't get pressure on QB's (not even against Portland state). They are not a good defense. My point isn't that the defense lost this game. My point is, the defense is not playing as good as it could be. The offense simply sucks.

User avatar
Jarhead
Junior
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by Jarhead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:40 pm

frdbtr wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 pm
So now they burn the redshirt in a game that is out of reach?
The time to play Critchlow was at the start of the game or at the start of the half. This is just plain stupid to play him now. This offensive coaching staff needs change now.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5299
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by frdbtr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:42 pm

This whole team is a bad team. This whole coaching staff is under performing. This coaching staff took a 9 win team and turned them into a 2-3 win team in 1 year. This coaching staff should be in a very hot seat right now.

User avatar
Jarhead
Junior
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BSU game thread

Post by Jarhead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:43 pm

frdbtr wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:40 pm
Jarhead wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 pm
frdbtr wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Of course they get credit for the stop. BSU has called off the dogs though. They aren't trying to score. The game is over, they are running out the clock.
Regardless the defense continues to bring what they can. They held Boise to 24 points. That should be good enough to give us a chance to win. The offense is the failure, bottom line (and fos goals).
I agree that 24 points is enough to give us a chance to win but the defense continuously gives up big plays on 3rd down that allow drives to continue. If it only happens once or twice a game then I wouldn't complain but it happens on long TD drives multiple times. They don't look physical, the don't get pressure on QB's (not even against Portland state). They are not a good defense. My point isn't that the defense lost this game. My point is, the defense is not playing as good as it could be. The offense simply sucks.
I agree that Bronco could have these same players playing much better on defense. They are not playing up to their full potential and that falls on coaching.

Post Reply