QB Mudville on Friday

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: QB Mudville on Friday

Post by BroncoBot »

Jarhead wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm I can't really agree with the philosophy of "it doesn't matter happens". A special/great season is off the table sure, and a good season is almost gone as well, but the results going forward will still have a big impact on the direction of the program.
How much I choose to care doesn't affect how the rest of the season goes, or BYU football as a whole goes.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

BroncoBot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:02 pm
Jarhead wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm I can't really agree with the philosophy of "it doesn't matter happens". A special/great season is off the table sure, and a good season is almost gone as well, but the results going forward will still have a big impact on the direction of the program.
How much I choose to care doesn't affect how the rest of the season goes, or BYU football as a whole goes.
Did you read my whole post? I totally agree with you.

The actual outcomes on the field will continue to matter though, for good or ill, even if they don't affect me personally as much since I've already resigned myself to the possibility of a one win season.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Jarhead wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:10 pm

The actual outcomes on the field will continue to matter though, for good or ill, even if they don't affect me personally as much since I've already resigned myself to the possibility of a one win season.
I sure am glad we scheduled Portland State.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

nuk13 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 pm
Jarhead wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:10 pm

I sure am glad we scheduled Portland State.
Tom Holmoe earned his paycheck on that one.

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

I am still hoping for at least one good solid W. Maybe BSU? Probably not, but it always feels like when the Cougs are down, they are never down for long and you can never be lulled away to complacency as a spectator. Maybe MSU? Unlikely, but I am optimist. If BYU wants to redeem their early season woes, how impressive would it be to do it in Starkville? Again, unlikely.

I am wondering what I would do as a coach, and I am thinking that I would go with the next man up approach. I would give Joe Critchlow the start and would prepare him in every way I could. Nothing else is working. I think an unproven young newbie > an injured Tanner. Just my opinion, and I am biased because my high school neighbored his, and Franklin, TN knows football.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Save one redshirt and scrap remainder of season in apathy? Clearly some of you have not fought for your job or tried to save a company from sinking into the abyss.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Who fricken called this? Mudville. Boo birds. 1-5. cougar fans!! 1-5.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't think we're done at 1-5. I think we're staring 1-7 in the face.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!