LSU taken out by Troy!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: LSU taken out by Troy!

Post by byufan4ever »

Mars wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 am
SpiffCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 am BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.
Yeah, but schools in the sun belt don't have an Honor Code...
:D

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Ed Ogeron is now on the hot seat at LSU.

Kalani Sitake somehow is not....

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

snoscythe wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:02 am Ed Ogeron is now on the hot seat at LSU.

Kalani Sitake somehow is not....
If he isn't on the hot seat after this year, I want the AD house cleaned.

Woody3715
Recruit
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by Woody3715 »

I agree. BYU needs to clean house beginning with a new AD who doesn't have a vested interest in the existing football and basketball coaches (since he hired them). I've previously said that it takes 3-4 years to evaluate the recruits that a new coaching staff brings in. But you don't need that long to evaluate coaching results such as 7 turnovers or too many illegal motion penalties in football, or too many turnovers and terrible team defense in basketball.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Woody3715 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm I agree. BYU needs to clean house beginning with a new AD who doesn't have a vested interest in the existing football and basketball coaches (since he hired them). I've previously said that it takes 3-4 years to evaluate the recruits that a new coaching staff brings in. But you don't need that long to evaluate coaching results such as 7 turnovers or too many illegal motion penalties in football, or too many turnovers and terrible team defense in basketball.
Agreed. The more BYU football declines, as shown in any number of ways, the more I'm looking at Holmoe before anyone else.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

wow. I'd say overall Holmoe has done a kick-A job with the BYU athletic dept. This seems like a huge over reaction. Let's face it, BYU isn't writing huge checks to kids to play football at BYU. Not now, or even if it becomes legal. BYU may never meet the expectations heaped on it by some.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm wow. I'd say overall Holmoe has done a kick-A job with the BYU athletic dept. This seems like a huge over reaction. Let's face it, BYU isn't writing huge checks to kids to play football at BYU. Not now, or even if it becomes legal. BYU may never meet the expectations heaped on it by some.
My expectation is that we hire the most qualified candidate that will come to BYU. BYU only interviewed 1 other guy other than Sitake and the most qualified candidate left feeling like he was a token interview. If Sitake doesn't get this thing figured out and get BYU back to Bronco's level at least, I want the AD house cleaned. There were other coaches out there that had better resume's that weren't even considered.

The most disheartening thing about this year isn't that the team is playing poorly or that they have lost 4 games in a row, it is that they aren't even playing physical football. Watching them play LSU and Wisconsin you kind of expect that BYU isn't going to win those games but you would hope that they would play like they had a chance. I never got that feeling. I get irritated when BYU loses but I can't stomach that they aren't looking like they even want to bring the game to the opponent. They look scared and passive. That is unacceptable. I saw BYU get whooped by a few teams under Bronco but I never got the feeling that they were scared of the opponent, even in 2010 when we played a far superior TCU team. BYU attacked that team both offensively and defensively. It didn't work but at least they tried.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Perhaps we should move to Div 2 in sports. Then we can meet the very low expectations of some fans who get upset by those who "whine" when we can barely even be a top 100 team.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I'm also starting to wonder about Holmoe. Blew the B12, overscheduling in football, Rose getting worse every year, losing Holliday, Detmer as OC, etc.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

byufan4ever wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 pm Perhaps we should move to Div 2 in sports. Then we can meet the very low expectations of some fans who get upset by those who "whine" when we can barely even be a top 100 team.
Mars wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm I'm also starting to wonder about Holmoe. Blew the B12, overscheduling in football, Rose getting worse every year, losing Holliday, Detmer as OC, etc.
How many of these, other than the overscheduling in football (which is a mixed bag as well), can you really pin on Holmoe?