Byu USU game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
lawngnome
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU is OK
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Byu USU game thread

Post by lawngnome »

Yeah whoever posted that Stan van Gundy quote was spot on. All that matters is what you do on the field. And they didn’t do much good last night

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

lawngnome wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am Yeah whoever posted that Stan van Gundy quote was spot on. All that matters is what you do on the field. And they didn’t do much good last night
I dunno, they were looking to steamroll USU when it was 7-21 and driving when Hoge got hurt. Depth really hurt byu last night.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BroncoBot wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 pm
Mars wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:59 pm
BroncoBot wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm What happened to pauu
Hurt.
when, how?
Early in the first quarter, don't know how.

P.S. Fred Warner, the team meeting leader, did play really well.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

BroncoBot wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:46 pm
Jarhead wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:23 pm If Hoge can come back next week, I think we will have a reasonable chance.
I reported this post as offensive. Nothing can save BYU and you're trying to raise false hope...
:D

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:03 am
lawngnome wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am Yeah whoever posted that Stan van Gundy quote was spot on. All that matters is what you do on the field. And they didn’t do much good last night
I dunno, they were looking to steamroll USU when it was 7-21 and driving when Hoge got hurt. Depth really hurt byu last night.
Why in the world you would choose to run a QB who was already limping badly will never make any sense to me.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:45 am
Why in the world you would choose to run a QB who was already limping badly will never make any sense to me.
Why would you Run Taysom Hill as much as BYU did? probably because it gives you the best odds to win. I don't think it was his lower extremities that took him out of the game so probably the limp didn't affect the other injury.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:38 pm
Why would you Run Taysom Hill as much as BYU did? probably because it gives you the best odds to win. I don't think it was his lower extremities that took him out of the game so probably the limp didn't affect the other injury.
Except he couldn't get the movement he needed to go around the defender who concussed him, so in my opinion it was a fairly direct cause of his injury.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:53 pm
BroncoBot wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:38 pm
Except he couldn't get the movement he needed to go around the defender who concussed him, so in my opinion it was a fairly direct cause of his injury.
Interesting. Maybe. But he could have decided to slide instead of running straight into the dude.

He makes decent left and right cuts on this view. Not sure how much more you want out of his lower extremities.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB7naVU6u1o[/BBvideo]

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

On film, it doesn't even look like a rough hit.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Mars wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 pm On film, it doesn't even look like a rough hit.
It doesn't. But I heard some reports that he was already concussed from the Wisconsin game, so while he may have cleared concussion protocols, it wouldn't take a big hit to give him a second concussion, which means he will likely now be out an extended amount of time.

And given his father's history with concussions, he may be getting different advice than other players. We may not see him again.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!