Bronco Mendenhall's Virgina Cavaliers

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bronco Mendenhall's Virgina Cavaliers

Post by frdbtr »

So Virginia is pounding BSU tonight. Didn't take him long to get them playing good. They won't win the ACC this year but I expect them to go bowling. Quite a turnaround for a team that has been a doormat for many years.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Bronco Mendenhall's Virgina Cavaliers

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 pm So Virginia is pounding BSU tonight. Didn't take him long to get them playing good. They won't win the ACC this year but I expect them to go bowling. Quite a turnaround for a team that has been a doormat for many years.
a real shellacking.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Makes me long for the days when our defense used to make QB's uncomfortable.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

A great game plan and execution. The offense for UV gave the Donkeys fits all day. They never knew what was coming next.

The defense completely out classed the Boise offense as well. The blitzes and play calling was exquisite.

An amazing turn around considering Boise was a 2 TD favorite.

Woody3715
Recruit
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by Woody3715 »

Boise has been on the decline ever since Peterson left. Now that most of his players have moved on, BSU will fall off the cliff.

screamineagle2
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by screamineagle2 »

I always liked Bronco so good for him.I hope Virginia does well.It will be interesting to see how he does without some of the limitations that he had at BYU. If they go bowling I bet there will be a nice little raise and contract extension in it for him.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Woody3715 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 am Boise has been on the decline ever since Peterson left. Now that most of his players have moved on, BSU will fall off the cliff.
This may be the case but this is the worst loss for BSU at home since 2001. That is saying something. There have been some good teams play there and not given BSU that kind of whooping. I'm also happy for Bronco. They had a rough year last year, Virginia looks like a totally different team this year. He has turned them around. I figured after watching a couple of games last year that it was going to take at least 3 years for him to have a winning season but I think he gets them to a bowl game this year.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Virginia looked poor against Indiana, and I don't believe in Bronco as a recruiter, but wow, what a good win. The next question is how consistent Virginia can be. Going bowling is everything for them right now.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
screamineagle2
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by screamineagle2 »

Mars wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:52 pm Virginia looked poor against Indiana, and I don't believe in Bronco as a recruiter, but wow, what a good win. The next question is how consistent Virginia can be. Going bowling is everything for them right now.
I get tired of beating a dead horse(The honor code)but it does impact recruiting.A question for everyone.How much is not having an honor code going to change/improve his recruiting at Virginia? will he look like a better recruiter? What kind of players will he be able to recruit without those limitations?Just curious about everyone's opinions on this.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

screamineagle2 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm
Mars wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:52 pm Virginia looked poor against Indiana, and I don't believe in Bronco as a recruiter, but wow, what a good win. The next question is how consistent Virginia can be. Going bowling is everything for them right now.
I get tired of beating a dead horse(The honor code)but it does impact recruiting.A question for everyone.How much is not having an honor code going to change/improve his recruiting at Virginia? will he look like a better recruiter? What kind of players will he be able to recruit without those limitations?Just curious about everyone's opinions on this.
BYU is a destination school. The honor code is obviously something that affects recruiting, but so is the fact that people are lining up to get turned away by BYU because of the religious school affiliation. BYU is the third largest private school in the nation, and the first largest religious school.

Sure, the honor code hurts in some aspects, especially with elite non-lds athletes. But, we have people that turn down scholarships at other schools to walk on here at BYU because it is where they want to be. The better we get, the better those athletes get. The trick is to know what to do with that depth so we can win now, and what to do with those athletes.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: