Mangum Out 4-6 Weeks

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Mangum Out 4-6 Weeks

Post by Gunk »

Mars wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 pm I don't like it. Supposedly he's a football genius, but is incapable of tailoring his offense to best support his starting players.
I listened to that part and Detmer definitely back pedaled. He first claims he doesn't need to change his offense for a specific player and then when the follow-up questions start rolling he back pedals a bit and says something to the effect the of course any good coach would play to a player's strength.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BigAppleBucky
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Post by BigAppleBucky »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 pm It wouldn't matter what QB we rolled out on Saturday, WI isn't worried. We could roll out Steve Young in his prime and they would kill us. I pray for a speedy recovery for Mangum and hope for adequate backup play until he returns.
I'm thinking the game will be within a touchdown. First road game of the season is always tough.

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Jarhead »

BigAppleBucky wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 pm
frdbtr wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 pm It wouldn't matter what QB we rolled out on Saturday, WI isn't worried. We could roll out Steve Young in his prime and they would kill us. I pray for a speedy recovery for Mangum and hope for adequate backup play until he returns.
I'm thinking the game will be within a touchdown. First road game of the season is always tough.
That would be great for BYU. It's hard to see it though.

TheDean
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TheDean »

Jarhead wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 pm
BigAppleBucky wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 pm
That would be great for BYU. It's hard to see it though.
well I can tell you the answer isn't Hoge as he is pathetic and you can see why when you make a Pee Wee football level mistake that cost a BYU a safety. he had plenty of time to throw the ball out of bounds. They need to try Koy Detmer as he couldn't be any worse than Hoge.

To bad the defense went on vacation which made bad situation even worse.