Anae > Detmer

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Anae > Detmer

Post by BroncoBot »

KingCoug wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:45 pm Anae > Detmer may be true but it doesn't mean I want Anae (or Bronco for that matter) back.
Interesting. The past is the past and I like our current staff. Who would you take?
Saban
Miles
Whitt
Chow

Would you really stick with the current staff if you had the choice between the two staffs and knew that Anae and Bronco would give you better results? Why? Cause you hate Bronco and Anae? I'll take whoever gives me results whether I like or dislike their personality as long as they really trying to be true to BYU's mission. I think this staff is taking a LOT of unnecessary flack after a TOUGH LSU game. It is what it is. A huge talent gap and BYU came out and underperformed for 4 quarters. Gonna happen from time to time.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

KingCoug wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:45 pm Anae > Detmer may be true but it doesn't mean I want Anae (or Bronco for that matter) back.
I would take Bronco back in a second if he was available. Bronco's team would not have looked that bad against LSU and I would have hope that we had a chance against the utes with Bronco still the head coach. He was on a losing streak but it was just a matter of time before it was broken. The situation we are in right now, I don't feel like we will ever beat the utes again. Not with this soft offensive team. We will never compete competitively with a physical defense playing this marshmallow offense.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

That Norm Chow was awesome....we should get him back! /s

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:28 am That Norm Chow was awesome....we should get him back! /s
Yup he definitely turned Hawaii into a powerhouse as a HC.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Fido wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:28 am That Norm Chow was awesome....we should get him back! /s
Is it possible that Norm Chow would be willing to take work as an offensive coordinator? Obviously he wasn't good as a HC, but maybe as an OC.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:18 pm
Interesting. The past is the past and I like our current staff. Who would you take?
Saban
Miles
Whitt
Chow

Would you really stick with the current staff if you had the choice between the two staffs and knew that Anae and Bronco would give you better results? Why? Cause you hate Bronco and Anae? I'll take whoever gives me results whether I like or dislike their personality as long as they really trying to be true to BYU's mission. I think this staff is taking a LOT of unnecessary flack after a TOUGH LSU game. It is what it is. A huge talent gap and BYU came out and underperformed for 4 quarters. Gonna happen from time to time.
I was as disgusted with the LSU game as anyone but it's still a little early to be wishing Bronco and Anae could come back. And I couldn't care less about Bronco's personality. I just felt he had pletued and wasn't as hungry as he once was. You can look at the 11 seasons he had at BYU and the 2006 team was the best. It increasingly became a case of diminishing returns, especially in the later years. And then there's the 5 straight losses to Utah. I don't care what anyone says. That alone is worthy of being fired. I'll stick with what we got for now. And if it doesn't work out it's up to Tom Holmoe to find someone who can get the job done.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

When you learn the person you are dating is a bad fit, you break up with them. If the next person you date is also a bad fit, you break up with them too and move on, you don't just go back to a past failed relationship. Bronco and Anae made good partners, but they weren't marriage material. No need for the Cougars to settle. There are other fish in the sea for BYU.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 pm When you learn the person you are dating is a bad fit, you break up with them. If the next person you date is also a bad fit, you break up with them too and move on, you don't just go back to a past failed relationship. Bronco and Anae made good partners, but they weren't marriage material. No need for the Cougars to settle. There are other fish in the sea for BYU.
Examples, please.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

Sorry--the /s meant "end sarcasm". I don't really want Norm Chow back.

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

Didn't Bronco/Anae get blown out by Michigan in similar fashion? Seriously, have some patience folks. I am more concerned with Mangum not progressing than I am with the coaching. To quote the famous Bear Bryant, "It's the Jimmy's and Joe's, not the X's and O's that matters." Of course that is an oversimplifaction, and coaching does matter, but Mangum holds on to the ball too long, which means receivers are then covered that were open.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.