BYU - LSU game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU - LSU game

Post by Jarhead »

That was terrible. I give the offense about a 30% chance of succeeding this season. Trying to be optimistic.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Fido wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm
Jarhead wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 pm Meanwhile Taysom Hill looks Heisman caliber again while not playing in this offense....
Didn't he just get cut? Not sure why Taysom Hill matters in this discussion. His eligibility is exhausted.
I'm just saying was Taysom really underperforming last year, or was this offense just really that bad? Both Tanner and Taysom looked great in Anae's offense. Under the current offense, not so much. Taysom goes into Green Bay and looked great again in an offense that wasn't this one. Mangum might look the same if he were in a different offense.

UCChris
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by UCChris »

That was a rough one...

TheDean
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TheDean »

Jarhead wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 pm
Jarhead wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 pm Meanwhile Taysom Hill looks Heisman caliber again while not playing in this offense....
Didn't he just get cut? Not sure why Taysom Hill matters in this discussion. His eligibility is exhausted.
I'm just saying was Taysom really underperforming last year, or was this offense just really that bad? Both Tanner and Taysom looked great in Anae's offense. Under the current offense, not so much. Taysom goes into Green Bay and looked great again in an offense that wasn't this one. Mangum might look the same if he were in a different offense.
It is the offensive line that is the problem, as it I hard to do anything when you are running for your life and no where for the RBs to go when there is no push or holes created by the O-line and Mangum can't complete passes if the WRs play like wimps and can't get open.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I thought Koroma would be a great leader for our OL his senior year. But they can't run block or pass block worth a damn.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 pm I thought BYU was supposed to have practiced against bump coverage all spring and fall? I thought the offense was supposed to have improved. At least Bronco and Anae tried to create a physical offense and defense. This team looks soft all the way around. It is reminding me of the Crowton years.
I dunno. I'm prolly the biggest bronco fan here, but he even had some eggs laid on the defensive end. I'm thinking FSU x2 and @Tulsa. Probably more.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 am
frdbtr wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 pm I thought BYU was supposed to have practiced against bump coverage all spring and fall? I thought the offense was supposed to have improved. At least Bronco and Anae tried to create a physical offense and defense. This team looks soft all the way around. It is reminding me of the Crowton years.
I dunno. I'm prolly the biggest bronco fan here, but he even had some eggs laid on the defensive end. I'm thinking FSU x2 and @Tulsa. Probably more.
In those games the defense looked lost. Bronco even admitted that he had no idea what the Tulsa Ocoordinator was doing in that game. It never looked like it was not wanting to initiate contact though which is the feeling I got from the defense and offense tonight. I will defend BYU in a loss when I feel like good effort was given on both sides of the ball which is why guys have called me out as a "homer" at times when I am not joining in on the normal whining after a loss. Tonight's effort was completely unacceptable. I am as disgusted as I have ever been with BYU football tonight. Even when we got whipped by Michigan, I felt like the team tried hard and just got whipped. Tonight I felt like they gave up before they even started trying.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Tough loss, the Cougars were out matched in ever facet of the game.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

I think the defense would have performed better if the offense had been able to sustain a few drives.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Cut and then signed within a few days with the saints.