Miami deja vu

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Miami deja vu

Post by BoiseBYU »

When BYU beat number one Miami, it was the second game of the season. Some remember game one a real clunker win against Texas El Paso. The team looked bad and the play was uninspiring. I know Miami was at home and our QB was the best we ever had. But things can change between game one and game two so here's to Miami deja vu!

a1247
Heisman Winner

Re: Miami deja vu

Post by a1247 »

I hope you are right.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

Here! Here!

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

In 1980, BYU lost to New Mexico. New Mexico won three other games that year.

Jim McMahon, arguably the best QB ever to play at BYU, threw for 147 yards and had a PER of 111.79.

Over the next 11 games, BYU would win all 11 and McMahon threw for 4,780 yards with 49 TDs and a PER of 179.06.

So, sometimes a good QB can turn things around.

I'm not saying Mangum is going to put up Jimmy Mac-esque numbers, but I think he'll play much better than he showed last Saturday.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

I still think we get 2 of the next 3. I would prefer it come against the tigers and the school to the north. I am so stoked to see BYU fired up.

My keys to winning: low scoring game, stuff the LSU run, and win 2+ turnovers. MAKE the tigers have 10+ play drives, which will lend a few 1st game jitters and penalties. Keep it all in front and no big plays. If we get these, and one or two breaks on special teams plays (a good kickoff return, an LSU muffed punt), then I think BYU has a shot. I think Jonny Linehan will need to be perfect and force the tigers to go against a full field.

If we get a statement win here, the sky us the limit for this team. If it is close, I still think we can get 2 of the next 3. If we have a blowout loss, I will stick by this team because I am true blue through and through. Lots of good teams on the sked this year.