LB Francis Bernard Suspended?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: LB Francis Bernard Suspended?

Post by Mars »

This isn't why he lost a year. This is just an apartment manager being a douche. From what I understand, it's illegal to videotape a conversation in Utah without the consent of at least one of the parties.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

pikoi wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 pm No. Not just for this. It would be best if people left it alone and let Francis have his privacy.
I've put it behind me. I have absolutely no reason to know anymore about why FB isn't playing this year. Hope he works through it and stays at BYU. Helluva athlete. I have faith in him.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

KSL had this article about renter's rights:
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=39417028&nid=1268

The article mentions the landlord and relates to maintenance, but I would have to imagine that an apartment manager entering an apartment and video recording what is going on would be just as illegal.
Off Topic
Unless there is a maintenance emergency, you need to give advance notice before entering any property you rent. Even if a tenant has requested that you fix something, you still need to give proper notice (24 hours in the state of Utah) before you enter. You can always speak to them on a case-by-case basis to ask for permission to enter earlier, though, as long as they say it’s okay.Failure to cover all your bases can lead to a trespassing violation and possible lawsuit.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »