NFL Draft 2017

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NFL Draft 2017

Post by scott715 »

M Davis to Chargers. K Nacua to the Browns.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

hawkwing wrote:Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.
I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

frdbtr wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.
I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.
Shouldn't have a hard time sticking on a NFL roster then...

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Andrew Eide, San Francisco 49ers, Mini-Camp
Nick Kurtz, Oakland Raiders, Mini-Camp

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

SenorCougar wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
You guys are precious ...

Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.

Would it have been better for Langi's stock to ride the pine all year? It isn't about the players anymore, it is about the team. The old 'Riley is our quarterback' rules don't apply anymore.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Brayden Green wrote:
SenorCougar wrote:
frdbtr wrote:

Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The
best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.

Would it have been better for Langi's stock to ride the pine all year? It isn't about the players anymore, it is about the team. The old 'Riley is our quarterback' rules don't apply anymore.
1. Except, I'd argue that Riley WAS the best player at qb for his time at BYU. In fact I think it would be easy to say Riley is to Pau'u what heaps is to Langi.
2. Did Bronco really have to come out and say that? I honestly think (and a lot of ya'll may disagree) that Bronco put the top talent on the field.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

BroncoBot wrote:
Brayden Green wrote:
SenorCougar wrote:
frdbtr wrote:

Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The
best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.

1. Except, I'd argue that Riley WAS the best player at qb for his time at BYU. In fact I think it would be easy to say Riley is to Pau'u what heaps is to Langi.
2. Did Bronco really have to come out and say that? I honestly think (and a lot of ya'll may disagree) that Bronco put the top talent on the field.
+1 I was going to say the same things.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://lawlessrepublic.com/2017/05/01/b ... rtunities/

Brad Wilcox (who left BYU football in 2015) accepted one with the New Orleans Saints.
Jake Heaps to Raiders.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

scott715 wrote:Jake Heaps to Raiders.
Great, now that the Raiders are Utah's team all the BYU fans can jump back on the Jake Heaps train.