2019 Utah State game moved to 11/2

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2019 Utah State game moved to 11/2

Post by Fido »

USU moved our 2019 conference weekend game in Logan to November 2 to make room for a LSU pay game for them (earning $1.5 mill).

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Re: 2019 Utah State game moved to 11/2

Post by jvquarterback »

BYU needs one FBS home game in 2018, 2019, and 2020 without any away games to give up until 2021. I suppose they could be the home team at a neutral site but that would only leave 5 home games. I was hoping USU would let BYU buy out this game which would have made things a lot easier.

Expect BYU to buy three home games from the likes of NM St or Liberty (a new FBS team next year). I don't really see any alternative unless BYU only has 5 home games those years or can find a MWC team to take a home and away with the away game 4-5 years out (which only kicks the can down the road).

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Fido
All Star

Re: 2019 Utah State game moved to 11/2

Post by Fido »

Yeah, the Aggies have no interest in letting BYU buy out the game and I'm not sure that is in BYU's best interest either. There is still a handful of teams with home games available in their OOC schedules--and with plenty of P5 games in those seasons a lesser buy game would be completely appropriate in this scenario.