Position changes for spring

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Position changes for spring

Post by Fido »

A position change has already come out:

BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Position changes for spring

Post by BYULV »

I like this change. Will put him in a position to create mismatches and help open up this offense. Hopefully he can put on a bit of weight and learn how to block on the line. I noticed we have several TE recruits this year as well, looks like another area of focus.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Hopefully it will be a move to the bench. We take a guy who can't catch and is all "pillows and feathers" and move him to the line where he will need to block as well as catch. Sounds like a perfect fit.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

frdbtr wrote:Hopefully it will be a move to the bench. We take a guy who can't catch and is all "pillows and feathers" and move him to the line where he will need to block as well as catch. Sounds like a perfect fit.
I remember a few pretty nice catches from Pututau and some good blocking downfield. he was a freshman, so he definitely has room for improvement and didn't play like an all-american, but to want him benched is a little harsh.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

BYULV wrote:
frdbtr wrote:Hopefully it will be a move to the bench. We take a guy who can't catch and is all "pillows and feathers" and move him to the line where he will need to block as well as catch. Sounds like a perfect fit.
I remember a few pretty nice catches from Pututau and some good blocking downfield. he was a freshman, so he definitely has room for improvement and didn't play like an all-american, but to want him benched is a little harsh.
His uniform was completely clean after the Poinsettia bowl. In that storm, that is completely unacceptable. He will have to do something really special to come back from that for me. I am down on all of our receivers and the coach and I want guys who want to play hard and be physical and clean uniforms in a mud bowl don't do it for me. And, he was a sophomore last year.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BYULV wrote:
MLP was a sophomore last season, has three years left to play two.