Lavell Memorial tonight

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Lavell Memorial tonight

Post by scott715 »

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2017/1/6/ ... ll-edwards

Stevenson had this story to share. There was recently a recruit who said he want a school that would help prepare him for life. I don't remember who but he should read this article.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Lavell Memorial tonight

Post by Ddawg »

As everyone knows, Lavell Edwards was a great guy. I was lucky enough to get to know him, by accident. During my junior and senior years at BYU, I rented a room in the Oakhills 5th Ward. It turned out, both Lavell Edwards and Fred Whittingham were in that ward. For 2 years, nearly every Sunday, I got to sit in Elders Quorum and visit with Lavell Edwards and Fred Whittingham. Both men were great.

As a student attending BYU, I was in awe of Lavell Edwards. I can unequivocally state - Lavell Edwards was never distant, offish, arrogant, or unapproachable. He was so decent, kind and thoughtful. He was one of those guys that I looked forward to his comments, because they were always insightful and carried weight.

Although I would not say I was "friends" with Lavell, he always said hello and acknowledged an insignificant nobody like me - when he didn't have to. Lavell Edwards was a quiet giant who I admired and loved.