Poll: Remove Jay Drew Tweets from sidebar

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Should Jay Drew Tweets be Removed from the sidebar?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 27

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Poll: Remove Jay Drew Tweets from sidebar

Post by scott715 »

If we ban him, I hope Hawk sends out a press release.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

scott715 wrote:If we ban him, I hope Hawk sends out a press release.
I'll send out a press release either way!

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

a1247 wrote:His tweets and his articles don't bother me. Sometimes I think there's some on here who are a bit to sensitive. It's not his job to be raw raw raw everything BYU. That's Dick Harmons job.
I don't mind criticism in the sidebar from anyone who is honest in their criticism. Drew has joined the Gordon Monsons of the world in giving dishonest opinions and pot shots to generate clicks.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Let us forthwith ban all dissenting opinions so as to reaffirm our own projection onto world that we are far superior than are detractors would present.
I hope that was a joke, because nobody is arguing for that.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

For the record, this request, which started with me, is not because Drew says "disagreeable" or "critical" things about BYU. Other tweeters do that and I have never had a problem with any of them, as I am sure others don't either. The question is in a finite world where there are only so many tweeters to follow, why follow someone who is MORE than just a criticizer? Drew has proven himself to be a troll. The request is not because of one bad tweet; it is because he does it again and again and apparently succeeds as a result. Surely we can discriminate between the troll and the critiquer? Of course if you want to follow Drew, you CAN! It is pretty easy to follow a tweeter and you can get all the insight he has to offer (if there is such). This question is whether CC should use its scare resource of choosing who amony many to follow and opting to follow Drew and give space to him who feeds on clicks and followers. That said, I will defer to the collective views. I just want what is being decided clear and not tainted by misunderstandings about the what/why for the request. I'll even pull the Russians off on tinkering with the vote :) Peace out.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Fido wrote:I voted no--I'd rather see what is being said and accept/reject/consider than block because his views are sometimes disagreeable.
That's about where I'm at as well. I'd be more in agreement with banning Monson at the Trib than Jay. Jay definitely carries a chip on his shoulder and dares someone to knock it off--nothing like I'd want the rep of my newspaper to have, but I don't think he's gone completely over the line.

Might be too that I haven't noticed Jay as much since the Scott Pierce debacle when I believe he grossly crossed the line of objective journalism. I haven't been to the SLTrib site since and I have no plans to return. This is the only place where I see Jay's tweets, so I would rather them to continue so I may understand what he considers current issues.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Monson is all-troll opinions. Jay Drew tweets news, and is sometimes the first or only source.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars