Jay Drew?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jay Drew?

Post by Fido »

If Jay Drew bothers so much, the best thing you can do is ignore him. It's the clicks and hits on his articles that he is going for as that is how he demonstrates value. That people care about his stories--not that they agree with his stories.

Isola
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jay Drew?

Post by Isola »

SpiffCoug wrote:It's the constant unnecessary digs at the program. Of those three tweets, only one was necessary.
I'm curious which tweet was necessary.

Jay Drew has +25,000 tweets and I'd be surprised if any of them were necessary.

The guy is constantly attempting to produce content. Hence 3 tweets about attendance at a basketball game. That series included at worse two minor slights (lots of empty seats, lots of late-comers) and I don't doubt that they are true.

As for the tweet about Nacua, several times after interceptions this year I've thought "Boy, I'm happy he got his head on straight and that the Miami Bowl was the exception for him as a player." The team had lost 3 straight bowl games including that nasty brawl. Now his senior season ended with a bowl win that he sealed with a pick. I don't have a problem pointing out how far he has come, from his low point, to his current high.

Kinihan on the other hand...