Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

Post by Mars »

Expert opinion- BYU will lose bowl game to Wyoming because Tanner Mangum is "not very good": http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewtopi ... 88#p196121

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

Post by frdbtr »

Lots of whining going on there. While I disagree that Tanner is a bad QB, I can see where he is coming from on the jump balls to tall receivers. There were a lot of poorly thrown balls last year that MM and Blackmon simply went up and got. Having said that, Tanner was a freshman straight off his mission last year and played well for the most part, I am hoping that his improvement over the off season makes up for the poor receiver play we have had this year. I am also hoping that someone will put some toughness into our receivers next year, if that means getting a new receivers coach, that is what I am hoping for.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Thank goodness for brave Craig Thompson standing up to BYU and not letting them come back to the MWC!

vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

snoscythe wrote:
USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC
I'm not sure USU has the whole Utah tv market, but I think they have the Ogden market secured. :P

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

All this crap is exactly what I didn't want to see in a bowl opponent. Wyoming could beat BYU. I see that. I believe we're the better team, just on the feeling of what I've seen in our team and in the fact that only 8 points separate us from being 12-0. Sure, we were too close in some that we did win, but easily 2 of our 4 losses could have turned our way.

There just is no big satisfaction in beating Wyoming. It doesn't take me anywhere and a loss is totally humiliating. I've personally not known any foul Wyoming fans as the ones that travel in my sphere are decent and good people. At the same time, while I've wanted to travel to a Wyoming game, all the stories have scared me away from doing such.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

byufan4ever wrote:I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL
To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".

I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Fido wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL
To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".

I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.
Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Wyoming did beat Boise State.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars