Houston board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta bashes Big12

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Houston board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta bashes Big12

Post by Fido »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tom-herman

When discussing the interview process that potential expansion candidates engaged in with the Big 12, Fertitta was critical.

"You know when I knew we were in trouble?" Fertitta said. "There were three [university] presidents who were on the [Big 12 expansion] committee and when we went to the interview, they weren't even part of the interview process. I walked out of that meeting and said 'Wow, this is a sham. There's no intention of doing anything.'

"It was one of the great shams in college football, and college athletics, and just college period. ... It was a total sham and I sit here today and I laugh at the Big 12 and their leadership."

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Houston board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta bashes Big12

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Hell yes, it was a sham. Why this would surprise anyone is beyond belief. The presser announcing no expansion was like listening to a lieing politician about the emperors new clothes. It marked the next chapter I need the big twelve--deceit, selfishness, and egotism--which isn't to different than other conferences but the add to these idiocy or that they think the fans of college football and the giant media pay-outs are idiots. This will be their undoing. There are bad things ahead for the big 12. I've always said that. Nebraska and A&M weren't idiots or necessarily selfish when they deceived to jump ship. They were self-presreving knowing that Texas and Ok hubris would be their fall.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

The big 12 is a dead conference, they just don't know it yet.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I'm glad someone said it, and I'm glad it wasn't BYU who said it. You don't want to bad mouth your last interview at your next interview regardless of how poorly they did it.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:I'm glad someone said it, and I'm glad it wasn't BYU who said it. You don't want to bad mouth your last interview at your next interview regardless of how poorly they did it.
I once said some things at an interview about my previous employer that were my honest concerns about working there and not personal, and I only said them after they asked about why I left. I didn't get the job. But then, on the other hand, by the time I had gotten to this third or fourth person I was interviewing with I was already feeling like the job wasn't going to be a good fit for me anyway. A couple of interviews after this one was with the company that hired me, and I'm still there after 11 years.

That said, I agree that it's nice that someone is saying this and good thing it didn't even have to be BYU saying it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...