Reno Mahe's Daughter

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
McY
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Reno Mahe's Daughter

Post by McY »

Immensely sad and moving at the same time. Thoughts and prayers.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

hawkwing wrote:
I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all, rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

nuk13 wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.
I haven't seen anyone say they thought it was sacrilegious, I must have missed that. I don't think it is either.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say they thought it was sacrilegious, I must have missed that. I don't think it is either.
Read her tweet. She is the one that used the word "sacreligious", "I hope that it is not sacreligious to compare [her relationship with Elsie to Heavenly Father's relationship with Christ]."

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Read her tweet. She is the one that used the word "sacreligious", "I hope that it is not sacreligious to compare [her relationship with Elsie to Heavenly Father's relationship with Christ]."
Ahh, thank you. That's right. I had read it last night and forgotten it was in there.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

There was nothing sacrilegious in her tweet. The only slightly cringe-worthy thing for me is just the "in whom I am well pleased" in talking about her daughter. But admittedly that is just my personal pet peeve. For me it runs in the same vein as the signs when a missionary returns home that say "well done, thou good and faithful servant". Or the quote "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" attributed to the Savior (so exactly which New Testament book is that found in?). I know the scriptural (or not) phrases are being used to try and express a sentiment they feel, but it feels out of place and forced to use scriptural language to express personal feelings. That's just me though and I would never condemn someone for doing so. But it might make me grin and shoot a knowing glance at my wife however. haha