Recruiting Class 2017

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Recruiting Class 2017

Post by scott715 »

Utah 34 and USU 80. All G5 teams are behind us. BSU is the closest at 59

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Brandon Huffman: National Director of Recruiting for Scout.com Just said on an ESPN960 interview that with the transfers he would put BYU's 2017 class in the top 40 and the best non P5 class in the country.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

So the master recruiter pulled out a 57 while utah pulled out a 34 huh. I can't say I'm very excited about this class.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I like it with the transfers and expect next year to be even better.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote:So the master recruiter pulled out a 57 while utah pulled out a 34 huh. I can't say I'm very excited about this class.
Utah signed 17 players, according to scouts.come four where 4 star and the rest 3 star rated players. BYU signed 28 player. Two 4 star players and 16 three star player. The rest are 2 and lower. Had utah signed 28 players there's no way they get ranked 34. BYU's ranking went down with as many kids as they signed. Also you are completely forgetting the players who are transferring in including Wayne Kirby from Oregon, Austin Lee from Utah, and Ula Tolutau from Wisconsin. All 3 coming out of high school were 3 or 4 star players. There is plenty to be exited for with this class. No its not Alabama but it's so much better then your making it out to be.

Also Utah only signed 2 poly kids this year. BYU killed it with the poly kids and that a major win for the program.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

a1247 wrote:
frdbtr wrote:So the master recruiter pulled out a 57 while utah pulled out a 34 huh. I can't say I'm very excited about this class.
Utah signed 17 players, according to scouts.come four where 4 star and the rest 3 star rated players. BYU signed 28 player. Two 4 star players and 16 three star player. The rest are 2 and lower. Had utah signed 28 players there's no way they get ranked 34. BYU's ranking went down with as many kids as they signed. Also you are completely forgetting the players who are transferring in including Wayne Kirby from Oregon, Austin Lee from Utah, and Ula Tolutau from Wisconsin. All 3 coming out of high school were 3 or 4 star players. There is plenty to be exited for with this class. No its not Alabama but it's so much better then your making it out to be.

Also Utah only signed 2 poly kids this year. BYU killed it with the poly kids and that a major win for the program.
I agree with you here, a1247. I think this class while not exactly record breaking or earth shattering is above expectations and should be generally considered a positive direction for the Cougars.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote:

I thought lack of volume hurt your ranking, not helped it. In the past, BYU has had small classes that had good star rankings (Couple of Crowton years) but had a low rated class because of lack of volume. Of course all of this has to play out on the field but IMO a 57 is no better than Bronco's average years and the fans would have been criticizing him like crazy if he got blown out in the recruiting war this bad against utah.