Tom Holmoe's Message to Cougar Nation

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Tom Holmoe's Message to Cougar Nation

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Jarhead wrote:End of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
Great idea. I edited it to add your suggestion.
So you're saying I shouldn't just yet give up my day job for that of a lyricist?

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Jarhead »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Jarhead wrote:End of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
Great idea. I edited it to add your suggestion.
Nice

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

scott715 wrote:4 out of 5 teams are ranked in the top 15. It is working.
Honest question....I really dont know:
How many of those 5 are considered independent, and how many belong to a conference?

Aren't we only independent in football?

If the "it" that is working refers to BYU athletics, then I agree completely, and I interpret that football independence has not significantly hampered the other sports programs.

I'm not complaining at all. I think I'm in the same boat as TH by wishing BYU was in a P5 conference, but proud that the school looks really strong in terms of support, infrastructure, integrity, and success. And I love seeing every game on TV and a couple East Coast games live.

I wonder; if BYU were in a P5 conference (and I mean All sports n the same conference) would the other BYU sports programs be as successful and ranked even higher? Or would the competition be stronger and BYU not as successful?

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We are only indy in football. I don't think Big12 would hurt our ranking but enhance it. The Big12 coaches would be voting for us. We would lose more matches though. We might recruit a little better but the women get most of who they want of the LDS kids. Maybe we would lose a bit of recruiting from CA.

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

scott715 wrote:We are only indy in football. I don't think Big12 would hurt our ranking but enhance it. The Big12 coaches would be voting for us. We would lose more matches though. We might recruit a little better but the women get most of who they want of the LDS kids. Maybe we would lose a bit of recruiting from CA.
Thanks.

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Just watched this. My take away?

Independence is sustainable.....depending on boosters continuing to donate record amounts...