Where to go Bowling?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Where do you hope the Cougars go Bowling this year?

Las Vegas Bowl. It's a great destination, plenty of things to do and rooms
44%
Las Vegas Bowl. I hate the city, but the extra $500,000 the team gets more than the Poinsettia Bowl is worth it
35%
Poinsettia Bowl. I just want to go to San Diego this year, I don't care about the $500,000 difference between the Bowls
12%
Poinsettia Bowl. I do care about the $$ but $500,000 is a small price to get a change of venue
9%

Total votes: 34

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Where to go Bowling?

Post by Wickchad »

Short_Change wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:I'll make the drive to Vegas. I'm not driving to San Diego. Here's hoping its Vegas.

I would really like to see a new match-up. OSU would be my first choice (of the likely teams). I'd be okay with Cal. They are still respected but I think we have the best chance of beating them over OSU or Arizona. I do not want the rematch with Arizona. This is why we need new bowl affiliations. Playing the PAC 10 in every bowl game means you play the same 3 teams all the time.
2005- Cal
2006- Oregon
2007- UCLA
2008-Arizona
2009- Oregon St. (which I agree is most likely)

That's 5 different teams in 5 years despite going to the same bowl. That's not bad.
How is Oregon St. most likely? The lowest they could finish is 4th since they beat Cal and Stanford. The Vegas bowl gets the 5th ranked Pac-10 team which will most likely be Cal although there is a small possibility it could be USC or AZ.
If Oregon St. loses and Cal wins there would be a 4 way tie for 2nd place in the Pac 10. You would have Oregon St, Stanford, Cal, and winner of USC/Arizona at 6-3. The bowl games would take their pick, there is no tie breaker. The assumption is that assuming USC wins that they go Holiday, Sun and Emerald would take the CA schools leaving Oregon St to Vegas.

If Arizona beats USC and Cal beats WAshington then USC would be in 5th place by themselves which means they are locked in the Vegas Bowl.

UVACoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by UVACoug »

Do we know for sure that Vegas gets the fifth placed team this year? I am so confused about it. I thought they were supposed to rotate 4th and 5th with the Emerald Bowl, but then they gave up the 4th last year to the Emerald Bowl. Then I heard that the Las Vegas Bowl and the Emerald Bowl just agree among themselves every season who gets one pick. Has anyone seen anything official that says the Las Vegas Bowl for sure is taking the 5th Pac-10 team this year instead of the 4th, or that just the assumption based on what they do every year?

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

When do they announce the LV and P bowl selections?

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Florwood wrote:When do they announce the LV and P bowl selections?
I have heard that they are usually announced after the last week of NCAA football which is this Saturday.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

They will make the selections once the BCS is done to make sure that TCU gets in.

ltpwfdcm
Recruit

Post by ltpwfdcm »

I think the Poulan Weed-eater Bowl is a good choice...

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Florwood wrote: When do they announce the LV and P bowl selections?
Sunday, I thought.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars