Best quote after the game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Dcr36
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Best quote after the game

Post by Dcr36 »

Honestly, I'm getting a little bothered by

a) some peoples' attempts here to either deny Whittingham's wife's allegations on the basis that, since Utes are making the allegations, they must empirically be false, and

b) regardless of whether or not the events actually took place, the rather cruel treatment Whittingham's family is receiving, in terms of the rhetoric, the insinuation that it's somehow "her fault," the posting of a picture of Whittingham's mom with rude and mildly suggestive comments following, etc.

I honestly don't know what happened with Whittingham's kids and wife Saturday; it's pretty much one person's word against another. But come on, if something foul did occur, then there are a lot of people here are acting out of line.

If you're looking to validate Max's comments somehow, wouldn't it be a good strategy to act, I dunno, comparatively classy? And maybe we could start talking football again?

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Best quote after the game

Post by gmj81 »

The only credible sources we have on the Kyle Whittingham's wife issue are her own comments and that from the Puke PR lady. Everything else is just hyperbole and exaggeration. Even Kyle himself isn't commenting on it so it's probably a non-issue. Either that or he knows BYU fans and player's families have been treated much much worse. Finally, even freaking Geunther, the biggest puke of them all, refuses to run with the story and admits she shouldn't have been down there.

If it were true in the slightest I would have a problem with it. But everything points to the fact that this has all been blown way out of proportion by 2 news and puke fans.