And the apology is in.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

And the apology is in.

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: And the apology is in.

Post by Sammich »

I'm glad he didn't back down on the reasons for his response and merely focused his comments at a more specific group. A watered-down, just-saying-I'm-sorry response would have been a good from a PR angle, but the real problem needs to be brought to light. I don't like the utes being able to hide behind their self-righteousness about our supposed self-righteousness while crap like this is going on.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Good, well thought out apology. You can even tell it came from him and not some PR hack who just had Hall sign it. I think this just shows how classy the guy is.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Sammich wrote:I'm glad he didn't back down on the reasons for his response and merely focused his comments at a more specific group. A watered-down, just-saying-I'm-sorry response would have been a good from a PR angle, but the real problem needs to be brought to light. I don't like the utes being able to hide behind their self-righteousness about our supposed self-righteousness while crap like this is going on.
This

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Good move. I just hope this provides the closure that this topic desperately needs.

Did anyone else notice that the BYU team was fired up for the game yesterday? I haven't seen them like that for a long, long time. We also saw a fired up BYU team for AFA but yesterday was great. I loved the emotion spilling out of the players during the game. It's just too bad that Max let off a little too much steam and painted too broad a stroke. Let's hope that Bronco doesn't feel the need to tone everyone down again because of Hall's ill chosen words.

Like I said before, Hall just isn't the best with PR. He's no Bryan Kehl or John Beck or Cameron Jensen. He talks first and thinks later. He is honest though, which I can appreciate unless it is in front of the media after the hardest fought game of the year. He should have just mentioned the scoreboard, two of three Wins vs Utah, or even just smiled and given some lip service to the game utah played, heck he could have even mentioned something about how easy it is to score on the u in OT. Oh well.

Like I mentioned, I hope this whole "fiasco" doesn't lead Bronco to water down the emotional side of the BYU team we saw, cause that was exactly what I've been wanting to see.

Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

declocoug wrote:Good move. I just hope this provides the closure that this topic desperately needs.

Did anyone else notice that the BYU team was fired up for the game yesterday? I haven't seen them like that for a long, long time. We also saw a fired up BYU team for AFA but yesterday was great. I loved the emotion spilling out of the players during the game. It's just too bad that Max let off a little too much steam and painted too broad a stroke. Let's hope that Bronco doesn't feel the need to tone everyone down again because of Hall's ill chosen words.

Like I said before, Hall just isn't the best with PR. He's no Bryan Kehl or John Beck or Cameron Jensen. He talks first and thinks later. He is honest though, which I can appreciate unless it is in front of the media after the hardest fought game of the year. He should have just mentioned the scoreboard, two of three Wins vs Utah, or even just smiled and given some lip service to the game utah played, heck he could have even mentioned something about how easy it is to score on the u in OT. Oh well.

Like I mentioned, I hope this whole "fiasco" doesn't lead Bronco to water down the emotional side of the BYU team we saw, cause that was exactly what I've been wanting to see.
I like the emotion, but they need to play smarter with emotion. Playing with emotion is never an excuse to get a stupid personal foul call that keeps a drive alive.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
declocoug wrote:Good move. I just hope this provides the closure that this topic desperately needs.

I like the emotion, but they need to play smarter with emotion. Playing with emotion is never an excuse to get a stupid personal foul call that keeps a drive alive.
If they had played with that same emotion we saw against OU through the season, penalties wouldn't have been a problem because the players would know how to act appropriately in those situations. Problem is, they looked like zombies half the season and then tried to turn it on yesterday for the rivalry.

mormonrasta
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mormonrasta »

hawkwing wrote:Good, well thought out apology. You can even tell it came from him and not some PR hack who just had Hall sign it. I think this just shows how classy the guy is.
100% agree. He didn't back down from what he said. He owned it. Apologized to the appropriate people. And told the other people who owed HIM an apology to go to outer darkness.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

mormonrasta wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Good, well thought out apology. You can even tell it came from him and not some PR hack who just had Hall sign it. I think this just shows how classy the guy is.
100% agree. He didn't back down from what he said. He owned it. Apologized to the appropriate people. And told the other people who owed HIM an apology to go to outer darkness.
What a self righteous prick. ;) :evil:

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

mormonrasta wrote:
I get the feeling that neither administration has been quite able to own up to the fact they have some out of control fans. If this topic helps them wake up and explore steps to control rowdier elements (RES, hello? Maybe you shouldn't sell beer at your game?), then this will all be for the good.