Bottom 5 (or so) Deluxe edition

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bottom 5 (or so) Deluxe edition

Post by BoiseBYU »

Here goes this week's edition. I'd welcome your additions:

5. Late season SEC wuss scheduling: Florida played Florida International, winning 62-3. Next week it gets even better with their playing Florida State. Alabama played feared Chattanooga.

4. Stick to the news: Idaho Statesman this week picked Temple no. 25 in its Harris/BCS ballot....strange given that in its AP vote it put BYU at number 23 and did NOT vote for Temple hmmmm

3. Stick to the NFL: Charlie Weiss just cannot get it done, even with an 8 game home schedule, the best he can hope for is a 7-5 record....

2. Yale missing its brainiacs: With 4 and 22 from its own 26, Yale opted to run a fake punt. It did not succeed and Harvard scored a touchdown from short range to win the game 14-10

1. Arizona fans: They rush the field before the game is over and when they finally play the down Oregon scores....that one has to bite, but these guys are wildcats so no big deal

Shout out: Let's hear it for the state of Colorado! The Buffs suck! The Rams not only suck they gave up over a month ago, and the Broncos are in free fall....Let it Snow!

Metal Bubba
Sophomore

Re: Bottom 5 (or so) Deluxe edition

Post by Metal Bubba »

BoiseBYU wrote:Here goes this week's edition. I'd welcome your additions:

5. Late season SEC wuss scheduling: Florida played Florida International, winning 62-3. Next week it gets even better with their playing Florida State. Alabama played feared Chattanooga.
The same Florida State team that came into our house to play us in a game where we had so much to play for and then proceeded to kick our ass on national TV? I mean, I flew over 2000 miles to be at that game, so I'm pretty sure it's the same Florida State. I sure am glad we didn't play any other powder puffs like that.

:sulk:

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Metal Bubba wrote:

The same Florida State team that came into our house to play us in a game where we had so much to play for and then proceeded to kick our ass on national TV? I mean, I flew over 2000 miles to be at that game, so I'm pretty sure it's the same Florida State. I sure am glad we didn't play any other powder puffs like that.

Yup that would be them :~(

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Special commondation have to go to the officiating crew of the BYU - Air Force game for making up new and exciting rules to keep BYU from scoring, but they couldn't even do that very well as BYU still racks up 38 points!

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

Metal Bubba wrote:

FSU is NOT a "bad" team this year, and I knew that even when they were at their worst (record-wise). Many of their losses have been against good teams, and were close games. I honestly wouldn't put it beyond them to upset Florida.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

BoiseBYU wrote:5. Late season SEC wuss scheduling: Florida played Florida International, winning 62-3. Next week it gets even better with their playing Florida State.
Scheduling FIU at the end of the year is lame, but isn't the Florida-Florida State game generally played in the third or fourth weekend in November?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Mingjai wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:5. Late season SEC wuss scheduling: Florida played Florida International, winning 62-3. Next week it gets even better with their playing Florida State.
Scheduling FIU at the end of the year is lame, but isn't the Florida-Florida State game generally played in the third or fourth weekend in November?
I think you are right..and my reference to them was an grouchy way of saying we lost to a team that did not live anywhere near to its expectations...I think you guys are right that they are not "bad," but given the talent and capabilities they have had a "bad" year would you not agree?

Metal Bubba
Sophomore

Post by Metal Bubba »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Mingjai wrote:
I think you are right..and my reference to them was an grouchy way of saying we lost to a team that did not live anywhere near to its expectations...I think you guys are right that they are not "bad," but given the talent and capabilities they have had a "bad" year would you not agree?
Nah, Florida State did better than I thought they would. Their coaching staff is washed up and needs to be put to pasture. They've got loads of talent, but the coaching sucks.

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

I can't believe the LSU game wasn't mentioned... easily the largest FAIL this past weekend

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

hawkwing wrote:Special commondation have to go to the officiating crew of the BYU - Air Force game for making up new and exciting rules to keep BYU from scoring, but they couldn't even do that very well as BYU still racks up 38 points!
When this didn't work the "Hair" decided to reprimand Jan Jorgensen and Coach Lamb for unsportsmanlike conduct for singing Popcorn Popping from the apricot tree. The "Hair" was quoted that he has never seen popcorn popping out of any apricot tree so they must have been trying to decieve.