Oklahoma

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
westidahocougar
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Oklahoma

Post by westidahocougar »

Wow.....did we really beat up on OU that badly that they have their worst season in years...??

They got smoked by Texas Tech today....

They have completely fallen apart.... I really dislike OU, but like Bradford, he seems like a good kid. Hopefully he will make it back into his old form and have a good NFL career.

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Oklahoma

Post by Italics »

I truly do believe that a lot of their misfortune and lack of success is a result of how win over them.

For starters, if we hadn't injured Bradford, I think they would have beaten Miami (whom - w/out Bradford for the whole game - they lost to by only 1 point)

Secondly, we all know that a big reason Bradford went down early in the Texas game was due to his first injury from BYU. Keep Bradford in the whole game... and who knows? They only lost to Texas by 3.

now the Tech game... that was just a blowout. If we hadn't beaten them and they were a top 10 team would they have played differently against Tech? Who knows.

All i know is that had BYU not beaten OU and injured Bradford, I believe it would have resulted in them winning at LEAST one or two of their other 4 losses.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

If we hadn't taken out Bradford, it was only a matter of time before someone else did. That OL combo they put on the field against us was more porous than this guy:

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

In 1984 we played Pitt who was ranked #3 pre season--they then went on to have a bad season going 3-7-1.

Maybe just getting beat by BYU is a recipie for a disastrous season.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

It happened to Washington last year, it happened to Oklahoma this year. I truly think this is one of the reasons that we don't get very many wins over teams that are ranked at the end of the season: after we beat them, they're no longer ranked, but had they beaten us, they would have remained ranked.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,