Decieving the D

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Decieving the D

Post by Schmoe »

I think a great trick play would be to break the huddle quickly and run up to the line in a double tight end formation (with both tight ends on the right side). You have Max line up under the right guard instead of the center and then call for the snap real loud, direct snap goes to Harvey who's lined up to the left in a pro set and Max rolls out right like he's got the ball. You're sure to confuse the defense on that one as long as you line up quick.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Iceman
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Iceman »

I haven't read the entire thread, so excuse me if this was already mentioned. I had the misfortune of a torn back muscle and was not able to attend the game at the stadium. But! From my prone position in front of the tv, I could not believe what I saw, that literally GAVE Air Force their last touchdown. I believe it was 4th down, because IIRC the announcers said something to the effect of turning the ball over on downs. Anyway, the ball carrier was turned backwards, leaning into the defenders, the ball clearly, at least, half a yard from the first down marker. When the zebra game in to place the ball, he placed his foot just about exactly where the first down marker was. When he received the ball, he placed it on the forward side of his foot. When they brought out the chains to measure, sure enough, they got the first by the width of his shoe. There was no way in my mind that this was accidental.

*Cough* *Cough* - Hmmm, looks like swine flu. Time to go see a ewet!
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Yeah, Iceman, these officials were lousy, plain and simple (even a half-blind cripple watching it on the lousy MTN channels could see that...oh wait... ;) ).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
tripwire
Sophomore

Post by tripwire »

Schmoe wrote:I think a great trick play would be to break the huddle quickly and run up to the line in a double tight end formation (with both tight ends on the right side). You have Max line up under the right guard instead of the center and then call for the snap real loud, direct snap goes to Harvey who's lined up to the left in a pro set and Max rolls out right like he's got the ball. You're sure to confuse the defense on that one as long as you line up quick.
Brilliant!

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Schmoe wrote:Yeah, Iceman, these officials were lousy, plain and simple (even a half-blind cripple watching it on the lousy MTN channels could see that...oh wait... ;) ).
I think they did a pretty good job, actually.

Of course, that's judging them by the standard of what they were aiming to achieve, which I believe was to come in and make the score as close as possible so that Air Force could find a way to have a chance at the end. So, they swung the score 21 points in Air Force's favor. That's about all you can ask for, I think.