I am seeing Excitement! Passion! Jumping around!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: I am seeing Excitement! Passion! Jumping around!

Post by blue42 »

hawkwing wrote:It was really good to see the players having a lot of fun, and the fans were really getting into it. It was one of the most electric nights at LES in a long time.

The only downer in the game was the three jerks that sit next to us, who spent the whole game talking about how glad they were that Max was going to be gone soon, and how he is a lousy QB.
Totally inappropriate because BYU was playing Air Force and the policy is don't ask don't tell. :gross: But look on the bright side there are only two more games where we will have to hear how bad Hall is.

bluesista
Gray Shirt

Post by bluesista »

blue42 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:It was really good to see the players having a lot of fun, and the fans were really getting into it. It was one of the most electric nights at LES in a long time.

The only downer in the game was the three jerks that sit next to us, who spent the whole game talking about how glad they were that Max was going to be gone soon, and how he is a lousy QB.
Totally inappropriate because BYU was playing Air Force and the policy is don't ask don't tell. :gross: But look on the bright side there are only two more games where we will have to hear how bad Hall is.
And then a whole season of "Oh man, I wish we still had Max Hall...."

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

bluesista wrote:
blue42 wrote:

And then a whole season of "Oh man, I wish we still had Max Hall...."
At least by then I wont be sitting by those jerks!

Y&Brit
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Y&Brit »

Wyoming-excitement, passion
NM-nothing
AF-excitement, passion
yewts-??

CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

Y&Brit wrote:Wyoming-excitement, passion
NM-nothing
AF-excitement, passion
yewts-??

If BYU isn't up for :utard: then they just shouldn't even show up next week.

I am glad to hear they had passion for today's game. AFA is a good team, but they just don't matchup well against BYU. Obviously, BYU was looking past NM last weekend.

Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

CougarPeasant wrote:
NM-nothing
AF-excitement, passion
yewts-??

If BYU isn't up for :utard: then they just shouldn't even show up next week.

I am glad to hear they had passion for today's game. AFA is a good team, but they just don't matchup well against BYU. Obviously, BYU was looking past NM last weekend.

If refs show as much passion, excitement, and jumping around like they did for AF, we have little chance

AmmonCougar1
Sophomore

Post by AmmonCougar1 »

Two quick thoughts.
1) I LOVED the excitement but I worry that as soon as things started to turn (ie. really awful calls as discussed in other threads) Max seemed to lose focus a bit. The "D" stayed up for the most part but the "O" worried me in the 2nd half after the crappiest call of them all.

2) If I heard correctly (and I would really like someone to corroborate what they heard on this) Bronco was asked after the game about certain players (ie. Max) getting pumped and having it transfer to the team. His reply bothered me because I thought he said, He is happy with leadership but ultimately he wants them to all be leaders and not have to get pumped up by one or two and play/execute with composure...yada yada yada.

Please clarify if you heard otherwise of remember more accurately. It was in his first segment before he was well-miked.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

Florwood
Senior

Post by Florwood »

AmmonCougar1 wrote:2) If I heard correctly (and I would really like someone to corroborate what they heard on this) Bronco was asked after the game about certain players (ie. Max) getting pumped and having it transfer to the team. His reply bothered me because I thought he said, He is happy with leadership but ultimately he wants them to all be leaders and not have to get pumped up by one or two and play/execute with composure...yada yada yada.

Please clarify if you heard otherwise of remember more accurately. It was in his first segment before he was well-miked.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID
That is what he said, but he concluded by stating again how proud he is of the job Max is doing leading the team. So it was a double endorsement--several leaders leading, still liking the leadership Max was individually showing. Given both elements, I didn't have any trouble with his approach.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

NM-nothing
AF-excitement, passion
yewts-??
Let's hope they haven't established a pattern

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care