BYU v Wyoming v TCU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU v Wyoming v TCU

Post by craigoscarson »

I don't think the quality of our win vs Wyoming can be understated. We played Wyoming in Laramie much better than TCU and Texas did.

If that BYU team had shown up all season... who knows...

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: BYU v Wyoming v TCU

Post by scott715 »

The score was 14-10 now it is 24-10.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

It's a rout now, but between TCU, Texas, and BYU, we win the beauty contest.

CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

craigoscarson wrote:It's a rout now, but between TCU, Texas, and BYU, we win the beauty contest.
ONe wonders just where BYU's head was during the TCU game. (yeah, i know, that's a wide open comment. ;))

Craig, BYU showed what they are capable of in the OU and the WYoming game, but why they have been inconsistent like against NM and FSU and TCU is the question. I am sure this team wishes they had both those games back and I hope they take those losses and last season's :utard: loss very personally to make a clear statement against :utard: that they are the best team in the state and the better team since the coaching changes for both programs in 05.

88Coug
Recruit

Post by 88Coug »

Wyoming scored 3 offensive points. TCU tried not to score in the 4th quarter. Do you really think TCU could not have hit 50 or 60 if Gary Patterson did not want to call off the dogs? Please.....

Y&Brit
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Y&Brit »

Match Up Factor, Not the better team, just match up ability.

BYU>AFA>Wyoming>UNLV

TCU>Utah>SDSU>UNLV

AFA>TCU>Utah>SDSU>UNLV>CSU

Utah>SDSU>UNLV>UNM>CSU

UNM>Utah>BYU

It's late, but what this is saying is we match up best against Wyo, UNLV, AF recently we've beat them better than most conference teams. We'd match up worst against Utah TCU. TCU matches up well against most, but they don't match up well against AFA.

UNM Plays Utah and BYU close at home in 2 years, but does not match up well against anyone BUT...CSU
CSU has match up abilities like UNLV that could pick apart our style of D, but not enough on both sides to qualify the MUF

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

We also beat New Mexico worse than Colorado State did! ;)

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Football is all about match ups. We match up v AFA better than UTah every year. They match up v, UNM better than we do almost every year. But in the end, all that matters is how the teams match up head to head.

This year, I like our chances at stopping their run, and putting pressure on Wynn to have to beat us. The kid is talented, but sporadic. Lucky for him he has 2 great WR to throw it to. I think the Utah D does not match up with us as well this year as last simply because their front 4 is not a good or as disruptive as last year. I see our O line controlling them and forcing Utah to blitz. When that happens, it opens up the field for pass plays, just like in the AFA game.

Point being, I see it being high scoring this year. Something like 35-31 for the winner. BYU being the winner...