BYU-AF 2009=2007

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y&Brit
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU-AF 2009=2007

Post by Y&Brit »

If you've read quotes and stats, they are very similar to 2007, here's a quote from Sep 21 2007, (I included a picture of utah losing at home.
2007:
Mendenhall said the biggest difference with Air Force is its defense. The Falcons are No. 12 in scoring defense (10.6 ppg) and No. 23 in total defense (294 yards per game). "Defensively, they're difficult to score on," he said.

Mendenhall added that Air Force's success is tied to "sound execution. They're protecting the football and doing what they need to in all three phases of the game. They're a sound, well-coached football team."
2009:
The Falcons lead the nation in pass defense, yielding only 127.9 yards per game. Air Force is No. 10 in pass-efficiency defense — and will face Cougar quarterback Max Hall, who is No. 2 nationally in pass efficiency.

I think 09 AF is better than 07's but my score prediction is as follows:

BYU 34 (Both get extra field goals in)
AFA 9

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU-AF 2009=2007

Post by Italics »

It's truly that time of season when teams control their own destiny's.

BYU is just one game (tomorrow's game) from the follow two very different realities:

- Playing a ranked Utah for a LV Bowl against a good Pac-10 team

- Playing in a lack-luster bowl game, and most likely finishing this season with their worst final record in years

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Italics wrote:It's truly that time of season when teams control their own destiny's.

BYU is just one game (tomorrow's game) from the follow two very different realities:

- Playing in a lack-luster bowl game, and most likely finishing this season with their worst final record in years
Years, like 4? Not years, like 10 - right?

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

ABYUFAN wrote:
Italics wrote:It's truly that time of season when teams control their own destiny's.

Years, like 4? Not years, like 10 - right?
like 4 of course (c'mon now, i'm not THAT ignorant! "that" of course, being the key word!)

Point is, it would have ruined out "streak" of 10+ win seasons... which could still happen if we manage to lose to :utard: and our bowl game. But I think we'll be fine.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care