Would You Rather...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Would You Rather...

Post by snoscythe »

Italics wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
That being said we might as well play USC in the Vegas Bowl as BSU will kill BYU.
Based of what?

Them beating UC Davis? Louisiana Tech? Idaho? New Mexico State? All the other tough games on their schedule?

Not saying BSU couldn't beat us, but I'm not exactly sure what brings you to the certain conclusion that they'd "Kill" us.
Do you realy think BSU would beat FSU or TCU? I highly doubt it.
I doubt they'd lose by 30 though.

mormonrasta
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mormonrasta »

Italics wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
That being said we might as well play USC in the Vegas Bowl as BSU will kill BYU.
Based of what?

Them beating UC Davis? Louisiana Tech? Idaho? New Mexico State? All the other tough games on their schedule?

Not saying BSU couldn't beat us, but I'm not exactly sure what brings you to the certain conclusion that they'd "Kill" us.
Based on BSU's recent track record against legit top 25 teams vs. BYU's recent track record against such competition.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

mormonrasta wrote:
Italics wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Based of what?

Based on BSU's recent track record against legit top 25 teams vs. BYU's recent track record against such competition.
Ouch, did you have to remind us?

BUT... What's BSU's record against top 25 teams in bowl games?
Or what's BSU's record against teams that are ranked top 25 at the end of the season?

Probably still better than BYU's, I'm just wondering if BSU wins when they are playing overhyped teams at the beginning of the year. We all know that they don't play any top 25 teams during the regular season.

mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

declocoug wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Italics wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Based of what?

Or what's BSU's record against teams that are ranked top 25 at the end of the season?

Probably still better than BYU's, I'm just wondering if BSU wins when they are playing overhyped teams at the beginning of the year. We all know that they don't play any top 25 teams during the regular season.
That's why I said legit top 25 teams which in my opinion means teams that finished ranked at the end of the year. I couldn't care less what a team is ranked at the time of the game; it is the last poll that is the best reflection of what kind of team you are and what kind of opponents you have played.

If we include the current polls, BYU is 1-8 vs. legit top 25 teams since Bronco took over. The average margin of defeat in those 8 losses is 17 points.

Over the same span BSU is 5-4 (tied for the 5th best winning percentage in the country) with the only blowout loss coming by way of Georgia in 2005.

cachevalleycougar
BLUEshirt

Post by cachevalleycougar »

Gotta go with USC. We'll see plenty of BSU in the coming years, and it would be great to say we beat OU and USC in the same year.

Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

have an enema or catheter?
:bug:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

mormonrasta wrote:
declocoug wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Italics wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Based of what?

That's why I said legit top 25 teams which in my opinion means teams that finished ranked at the end of the year. I couldn't care less what a team is ranked at the time of the game; it is the last poll that is the best reflection of what kind of team you are and what kind of opponents you have played.

If we include the current polls, BYU is 1-8 vs. legit top 25 teams since Bronco took over. The average margin of defeat in those 8 losses is 17 points.

Over the same span BSU is 5-4 (tied for the 5th best winning percentage in the country) with the only blowout loss coming by way of Georgia in 2005.
That's about what I figured. Thanks for the stats.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Great, we've all begun to mimic :utard: and bring up the past as a way to ingore the present.

The present reality is: BSU would not beat FSU or TCU, and would be in the bottom half of any BCS conference this season. I'm not talking about the season they won a BCS bowl game, I'm talking about THIS season. BYU's track record? What the hell does that have to do with anything? :sick:

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Italics wrote:Great, we've all begun to mimic :utard: and bring up the past as a way to ingore the present.

The present reality is: BSU would not beat FSU or TCU, and would be in the bottom half of any BCS conference this season. I'm not talking about the season they won a BCS bowl game, I'm talking about THIS season. BYU's track record? What the hell does that have to do with anything? :sick:
People are looking for facts/evidence to back up their arguments to make them more persuasive. Something your post here entirely lacks.

Boise State is 4-0 against FBS teams with winning records, winning by an average of 25.25 points per game.
BYU is 1-2 against teams with winning records, winning the one by one point, and losing the others at home by an average of 23.5 points.

That is why, based upon this season, I do not want to face BSU this season. What has BYU done to make you think BSU won't roll them? Anyone will tell you I am the #1 BSU hater, but BYU hasn't shown that they can keep up with winning programs this season.

Chill out a bit and try to engage in debate instead of resorting to righteous indignation when you don't agree with someone's opinion.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Chill out? Maybe you read a bit too much into my comments and need a cool down yourself ;)

Well I challenge you to find where I said that BYU would beat BSU. The fact of the matter is that, at this point in the season, there really isn't much to suggest that either team would have the upper hand. BSU has been consistently good - as where BYU has flip-flopped between great and awful.
Sure, BYU is ranked #22 and BSU is ranked #6... but where would we be at with BSU's schedule this year? What about BSU's with ours?
I'll reserve final judgement on BSU until the Nevada gam e. Nevada's record - unlike Idaho's - is no fluke, they are the real deal this year. All BSU hate aside - I honestly see Nevada taking it to them.
Heck, I won't be surprised if Nevada takes it to BYU next season.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care