Jamora downgraded to "soft" verbal

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jamora downgraded to "soft" verbal

Post by Mars »

"One of the top pass-rushers west of the Rockies this season has been Kahuku (Hi.) DE Hauoli Jamora. The past two weeks he's posted a total of 10 sacks and has helped lead his team to the state semi-finals. While he committed to BYU back in June, he's always had his eyes on what Washington has had to offer and now he's ready to set up a visit with the Husky coaching staff in the next two weeks..."

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p ... 21289.html

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Jamora downgraded to "soft" verbal

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:"One of the top pass-rushers west of the Rockies this season has been Kahuku (Hi.) DE Hauoli Jamora. The past two weeks he's posted a total of 10 sacks and has helped lead his team to the state semi-finals. While he committed to BYU back in June, he's always had his eyes on what Washington has had to offer and now he's ready to set up a visit with the Husky coaching staff in the next two weeks..."

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p ... 21289.html
Damage....

Doesn't this happen anytime that a kid is going to visit another school though?

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

It always becomes a "soft" verbal when they visit another school.

beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by beauso79 »

AWESOME!!! - Just what our crappy defense needs

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

Chill. We are so loaded with incoming DLs that having one switch his commitment isn't going to hurt us any. If Bronco catches wind of this, Jamora might just have to take that UW scholie after all because we all know how Bronco feels about these kids and keeping their word. It's a shame because he has looked to be a real diamond in the rough that finally is getting some attention by some other school's beside BYU. Maybe that just means he'll get evaluated higher and boost BYU's team ranking when he solidifies his commitment. But again, should he change his allegiance, I wouldn't want to be him.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

beauso79 wrote:AWESOME!!! - Just what our crappy defense needs
I cringe at BYU fans who label our defense "crappy". They certainly aren't what we need them to be, but they're also better than the 11 guys who start on about 60 other teams.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Mars wrote:
I cringe at BYU fans who label our defense "crappy". They certainly aren't what we need them to be, but they're also better than the 11 guys who start on about 60 other teams.
Middle tennessee state, Nichols state, alcorn state, northern texas, LA monroe, pennsylvania, north dakota.... is that 60 yet? :D

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:
Unless of course they are playing at LES, then I think they're only better than about 45-50 teams. :sulk: ;)

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Just need to get Jake Heaps and crew on the case, and this will sort itself out. Dude is the Pied Piper. Plus, I think Anae and Doman were recruiting this kid. Need him to hold firm. We need more speed/power guys coming off the edge.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Some of these kids have never left the islands. Can't blame them for taking some free vacations. If the kid goes to a 3 win Washington team, he deserves what he gets, just like Manti awaits the imminent firing of the head coach that recruited him.

He's coming to the Y; just enjoying the attention that he's now getting. He wasn't highly regarded as a junior and it only goes to show how good this BYU staff is at scouting talent.

We still aren't playing a lot of Mendenhall recruits, as many of them are still on missions or freshmen/sophs. The future is very bright and Jamora will be part of it.
Last edited by craigoscarson on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.