Proposed Forum Changes

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Do you want to see the proposed change implemented?

Yes
94%
No
No votes
Other (Please respond)
6%

Total votes: 31

Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Proposed Forum Changes

Post by Matty-B »

Love it. A big fan of the "Cougars in the Pros".

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

Italics wrote:- Mods that actually give a crap about the forum quality
- Lack of trolls
- Intelligent posters

Gotta love cougarcorner

AMEN!

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Well it looks pretty neck and neck right now. But because of my extreme respect for Sammich I think I will be making these changes. I hope to have them in place by next week.

Thanks for chiming in everyone!

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

hawkwing wrote:Well it looks pretty neck and neck right now. But because of my extreme respect for Sammich I think I will be making these changes. I hope to have them in place by next week.
If they're not, I'm switching to a new forum ;)

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.
I realize this problem would be solved with one of them spaceage newfangled phones that are getting so popular right now (and it's not that I'm anti-gadget, I just don't have the 300 bones laying around, plus the extra 50 a month it would tack onto my cell bill), but I've heard making a mobil-ization of a site like this one is pretty easy. How bout it?

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

GolfDiveNCougs wrote:I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.
I realize this problem would be solved with one of them spaceage newfangled phones that are getting so popular right now (and it's not that I'm anti-gadget, I just don't have the 300 bones laying around, plus the extra 50 a month it would tack onto my cell bill), but I've heard making a mobil-ization of a site like this one is pretty easy. How bout it?
If it ain't too hard, I'd like a mobile version too. My Motorola q lets me acess the internet, but it ain't no iphone

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

ABYUFAN wrote:
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.
If it ain't too hard, I'd like a mobile version too. My Motorola q lets me acess the internet, but it ain't no iphone
I've thought a lot about mobile access, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Keep this on my mind, because I probably wont be able to get to it until after this semester, but I would like to make it more mobile friendly.

Ignatowski
Gray Shirt

Post by Ignatowski »

Sure, go forward with the changes. I'm just glad you let me sign up---I didn't even know about this little soirée until earlier this week. I'd been sitting on CB just wondering where you all had run off to. :~(

FragOut
Gray Shirt

Post by FragOut »

I was also sitting on CB wondering where everyone had gone! I kept seeing references to CougarCorner but couldn't find it. Thanks to whoever it was that put the link on CB!

I am loving this site! KUDOS and thanks!

cougarmike
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by cougarmike »

Just one more suggestion from a frequent visitor, but infrequent poster....

I'm not usually a fan of links opening up in a new window, or in a new tab. However, it would be nice if the 'News' links opened up in a new tab so that I still keep my CougarCorner tab in the same place.

Thanks for all of your work on this. It's so much better than CB. Thanks to Kiwibacon for sending me a PM with the link!

Cougarmike