We need this trick play

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: We need this trick play

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.

This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:

[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.

wow, that's brutal. :lol:

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.

I absolutely abhor this play (and no, it's not because someone used it against me).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

Schmoe wrote:

I absolutely abhor this play (and no, it's not because someone used it against me).
As cruel of a play as this is to 10 year olds or younger players in general, this would be one of the first things that I would run in practice...NOT so that I can do it on offense but to prepare/teach the defense that if the ball is moving from center to QB and a whistle is not blown you better smear the holy crap out of that QB. :evil: Play 'til you hear a whistle...take a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty if you are not sure but dadgummit someone better be eating turf if they are moving with the ball NO MATTER WHAT! :evil:

Bottom line I don't like the play either but to show disapproval I would punish a QB if they ever tried that on one of my defenses.

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

kiwibacon wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

As cruel of a play as this is to 10 year olds or younger players in general, this would be one of the first things that I would run in practice...NOT so that I can do it on offense but to prepare/teach the defense that if the ball is moving from center to QB and a whistle is not blown you better smear the holy crap out of that QB. :evil: Play 'til you hear a whistle...take a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty if you are not sure but dadgummit someone better be eating turf if they are moving with the ball NO MATTER WHAT! :evil:

Bottom line I don't like the play either but to show disapproval I would punish a QB if they ever tried that on one of my defenses.

I agree, next time he tried that I hope he got blown up :evil: :evil: all tho it would be fun to do it the Utes :crazy: :crazy:

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

I don't get the Chambers hate either. I guess people are entitled to their opinions but they are unfounded regardless. He has fumbled and lost exactly two balls. Once at the one yard line after an amazing catch and run but after an equally amazing hit by the OU defender. And once during the FSU game on the first drive of the game at the FSU 14 which had only a little less to do with the hit put on him by the defender. Both were slant routes where the receiver is normally expected to get drilled by linebackers and safeties.

I don't hear a peep out of people when McKay drops easy balls on critical 3rd downs (New Mexico) or fumbles his PR opps (Oklahoma). Occasionally guys are going to fumble, especially when they are in the middle of the field open to hits from every side. And on PR, who cares if Oneil doesn't call a fair catch. He hasn't lost a ball yet. What's more he hasn't had any negative yardage yet either. And all this despite a piss-poor blocking effort on the outside. Coverage guys are constantly in Oneil's face before he even catches the ball yet he either falls forward for a few yards or catches it soundly despite getting rocked backwards.

Nevermind all the clutch catches Oneil has had, again most going across the middle which most receivers are too afraid to do. And he usually leaves a few tacklers in his wake too before he's brought down.

I don't see what this kid has done to wrong so many BYU fans but maybe he egged their car or something and they just can't get over it.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BYUROCKS wrote:
cougarblue333 wrote: I don't get it... what's with all the Chambers hate? Yeah he's made some mistakes but other than Max and Payne, Chambers seems to get the most inordinate amount of negative vibes thrown his way.
Well fumbling what feels like 2-4 times in the red zone does that to you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but OC has only lost two fumbles this year, and none in his last 7 games...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars