Jamal Williams...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jamal Williams...

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:runs better than Alisa.
ridiculous comment. Why do you feel the need to dog on so many players. Hard to live up to your standard I guess.

Isn't this the same Alisa that we all wanted to proclaim the second coming of Unga last year?

Not to take anything away from Williams. The guy has "it". I just don't know why everyone is suddenly hating on Alisa. He would have put up 100+ vs Hawaii most likely with the retooled O-line.
He does run better than Alisa. Not dogging. It is the truth.

You all proclaimed him to be the next Unga. I was the one saying that he disappeared against good teams. Which he did.

Williams is legit. Alisa is less legit. Pointing out facts isn't dogging.

Why do you always have to dog on people that make observances? I guess I just can't measure up to your standard...
You are consistently inconsistent. You judge the guys on the field against THE HYPE of the new recruits - but the newbies get a pass.

BTW - I agree that Alisa disappeared, largely, after a game and a half when defenses had film on him. And every player I have seen disappears relatively vs better defenses.

But how in the HECKCK do you know how Williams will do vs a good defense that has seen film.

And how do you know how he would do vs a BSU or U defense running behind an OL that was so TERRIBLE, SIMPLY TERRIBLE, that one got moved and two got dropped and coaches called them out for not being mean and nasty enough?

Just wondering why you can't wait until he proves himself.

He just might do it. Should be fun to watch and see.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

I'd say that being the only tailback to break 100 yards in the last 17 games is a good start to "proving himself." Especially when you consider some of the junior high school teams that we have played in between now and then.

I judge people on the field based on what happens on the field. RN sucks unless against a poor defense. Alisa disappears in the same fashion. Hoffman can't get off a bump in press coverage from someone close to his size... that sort of thing. I know Williams is better than Alisa because I watch a lot of football, have played football, and I use my eyes and brain. I watched them run against the same competition, and Williams did much more with the same playcalls, against the same defenses.

You can't teach quick, and you can't teach moves and vision. He has all three. He will be fine. I haven't seen a runner as fast and good as him since Curtis Brown or Staley. Maybe young freshman Fui, before he started eating the "let's make you slow BYU diet." But Fui was north and south, and a punishing runner. Williams is different. He has moves, changes direction, waits for his blockers and then bursts. That will be the same types of things that he will do against good teams too. He'll just do it for a lot less yards before they get there and actually tackle. But I'll take 85-100 yards on 25 carries against a good defense all day. And he'll get it.
Last edited by Brayden Green on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

BlueIsBetter wrote:I'd say that being the only tailback to break 100 yards in the last 17 games is a good start to "proving himself." Especially when you consider some of the junior high school teams that we have played in between now and then.
Amen. Only so much analysis can be had from so few games but Hill and Williams are doing some things that nobody else is and that is the reason to be excited. Running for 155 vs anybody is a great feat and we nearly had 2 get there.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Gunk wrote: is only 17
Which is hard to believe ..... what a great find for the Cougs. What talent. 8)

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:I'd say that being the only tailback to break 100 yards in the last 17 games is a good start to "proving himself." Especially when you consider some of the junior high school teams that we have played in between now and then.

I judge people on the field based on what happens on the field. RN sucks unless against a poor defense. Alisa disappears in the same fashion. Hoffman can't get off a bump in press coverage from someone close to his size... that sort of thing. I know Williams is better than Alisa because I watch a lot of football, have played football, and I use my eyes and brain. I watched them run against the same competition, and Williams did much more with the same playcalls, against the same defenses.

You can't teach quick, and you can't teach moves and vision. He has all three. He will be fine. I haven't seen a runner as fast and good as him since Curtis Brown or Staley. Maybe young freshman Fui, before he started eating the "let's make you slow BYU diet." But Fui was north and south, and a punishing runner. Williams is different. He has moves, changes direction, waits for his blockers and then bursts. That will be the same types of things that he will do against good teams too. He'll just do it for a lot less yards before they get there and actually tackle. But I'll take 85-100 yards on 25 carries against a good defense all day. And he'll get it.
He may - unless he doesn't. I just prefer to wait and see them do it vs a good team before I proclaim greatness. Hawaii was no test and he had not done much prior to that.

I saw a few more impressive backs tonight at RES. but they were not freshmen.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.